Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2008 2wd screw lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 09:50 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Default 2008 2wd screw lift

I have a 2008 f150 lariat screw. It's 2wd. Fully loaded. Love the truck. In the future I am looking to lift it. It's a street queen. It will go off-road going to my camp and such but that's about it. It currently has 3.73 with a trak lock in it. I've been reading a lot on suspension lifts. There isn't really much out there for the 2wd trucks. I have a set of lift spacers that I believe are 1 3/4 inches thick. I've had them even before I got the truck. They were for my uncles f150 that he wrecked. I have no put them in. In fact I removed the factory lift block out of the rear to level the truck out. It's currently got 275/55/20 nitto nt420 street tires. I got a really good deal on the tires and the truck needed it bad when I bought it. The tires have about 3k on them. I'm not planning on doing any sort of lift till the tires are worn out. My end goal is 35x12.50 on 20x12 inch wheels. In reality I was wanting to run 3.5 inch lift spindles ($1100), 0-2inch adjustable fox struts with rear fox shocks as well ($1400), and a block in the rear ($50). Obviously pretty pricey. I'm looking around the Internet. I can get a full 6 inch fab tech kit with dirt logic coil overs for $1900. Still pretty pricy but a little better. Now I'm not very keen on running coil spacers. I know a lot of people run them. I found new upper control arms that allow for 2-4 inch of lift. With the new control arm, it deletes the ball joint in place of a roller ball style joint. ($300) in the end I'm planning to be around 5 inches of lift. How would it be to run say a 3 inch lift spacer, with adjustable struts and new control arms? Would there be issues with the suspension components? Would the truck still be align able? Or should I stick to the original plan of lift spindles? The price isn't bothering me much. I know it's gonna take some money, I want to do it right the first time. I also want a nice ride. Like I said this is down the road, I want to collect parts and do it all at once. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Either go with the Fabtech kit or the spindles. Spindles will be more pricey in hte long run since you need to buy Coilovers and upper arms if you want to crank the Coils down for more height, then you need the blocks, U-bolts and Shocks for the rear. The Fabtech kit should come with everything and if you get the kit with the coilovers they will already be the longer units that do not require a spacer.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by izzysplace
Either go with the Fabtech kit or the spindles. Spindles will be more pricey in hte long run since you need to buy Coilovers and upper arms if you want to crank the Coils down for more height, then you need the blocks, U-bolts and Shocks for the rear. The Fabtech kit should come with everything and if you get the kit with the coilovers they will already be the longer units that do not require a spacer.
After looking at the fabtech kit. It's a box kit. It doesn't come with the coil overs as shown. Just shocks.. If I'm gonna spend that. I might as well get spindles and have the increased ground clearance. Instead of the drop box hanging down.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:19 PM

I think the spindles, uca and all new shocks around with new adjustable struts up front will give me a good ride and the look I'm wanting. The reason why I'm looking at the fox shocks is because I've heard good things about them. And the front strut comes with new coils as well. Also looking at bilsteins. The rear shocks will have to be for 4 inches or so of lift.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:50 PM

Found brand new 0-3 inch adjustable dirt logic coil overs $400. Wish I had the money. Really good deal.

Quick Reply: 2008 2wd screw lift