Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2007 front bearing replacement.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 front bearing replacement.....

Just thought I'd share this with you guys as I did a search here and didn't see anything posted on the '07.

I had some wheel noise in the front of my '07 XLT 5.4 triton 4x4. I noticed when accelerating the noise got louder and turning to the right the noise would go away.

I elevated the truck in the rear and lifted one wheel at a time in the front to check each bearing. I put the truck in gear and found that the drivers' side front bearing was toast.

I pulled the wheel, popped the center cap, expecting to find the axle/spindle nut. What I found was the axle nut, but it surprised me because of how small it was. The nut on the axle was 13mm....

Anyways, pulled the brake/caliper/bracket and the 4 bolts holding on the hub assembly and the bearing/hub assembly slipped right off....The bearing was toast, all burned up with rust colored grease everywhere.....

Put the new hub/bearing assembly back on, replaced the brake/caliper/bracket and re-used the old axle nut with some locktite.....

Problem solved, just wanted to share this info, because when I searched I couldn't find anything...The pics I found didn't look anything at all like my setup and so I'm gonna upload some pics for you guys....

tks
derrick
Old 01-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I had to replace the front passenger's side hub on my Stang @ only 55K miles. No problems yet with the truck.

Quick Reply: 2007 front bearing replacement.....