Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2007 F150 Fuel Sender Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 F150 Fuel Sender Wiring Harness

I'm new to this forum and am looking for any info that might help. The truck is a 2007 F150 5.4. The issue is with the wiring harness that connects the fuel pump and sender. There is a small black component about 4 inches away from where the wiring harness connects to the fuel pump & sending unit at the top of the tank. The wires going into this connector are damaged and unrepairable, leaving my fuel gauge broken. I've been looking for some time and have been unable to locate a replacement wiring harness, or the name of the component so I can purchase the component and splice it in. Does anyone here know where I can buy this wiring harness or know enough about the fuel sender wiring to know what that component is from my (poor) description?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:17 PM

I have a 2007 F150 and my gauge quit working as well. I too would be interested in information on this.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 PM

Hope this helps someone, I believe I've found the issue. Initially, when I changed out the fuel level sender, there were deposits on the part, so I'm pretty sure that this was the initial cause of my problems. When I changed it out, I must of damaged one of the wires on the flex fuel converter harness. Tracking down a replacement was very difficult ... the wrecking yards in this area cut the fuel pump harnesses when they remove the tanks during stripping and nothing in the diagrams at Ford show this part number. I eventually found out that it was called a flex fuel converter harness rather than just a fuel pump wiring harness. I then was able to find this post:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...when-i-put-gas

This eventually led to me finding Ford part #6L3Z14407A.

Hope this helps someone...
Old 07-14-2016, 07:40 PM

I realize this is an old post but it relates to my problem. I ordered a new fuel sending unit module and the electric pig tail connector is not the same as the old one. The old unit has the same connection as the replacement plug you used to repair your wiring. The new pig tail connection is round. Is it possible to just cut the wires some distant from the connection and just conect the wires together. Not sure why I cannot find the correct fuel sending unit with the same connector? How did you connect yours, you order the exact same fuel sending unit from Broncograveyard.

Quick Reply: 2007 F150 Fuel Sender Wiring Harness