Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2006 Lariat door speaker wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2006 Lariat door speaker wiring

Bought a pair of new door speakers and went to install today, the factory one has some kind to electrical circuit behind it. With two sets of wires going into it and one set coming out. Has anyone had this issue and what wires do I splice into the new ones.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Lariat door speaker wiring-image-4214742872.jpg   2006 Lariat door speaker wiring-image-3255779884.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 11:35 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

You have tweeters in your door as well as a speaker, one clip goes to the tweeter and the other to the radio. You can remove the tweeters if you aren't using them anymore. Take out the old speaker and cut the end off the wire in the door, and splice wires accordingly to door and positive/ negative. If you don't want to cut the ends off of the wires in the door you can buy adapters from crutchfield.

12V at all times - green/purple
Ground - black/LT green
Ignition 12V (key on) - pink/black or green/yellow
Illumination - blue/red
Factory amp turn on - green/purple
Left front speaker (+) - orange/LT green
Left front speaker (-) - blue/white
Right front speaker (+) - white/LT green
Right front speaker (-) - green/orange
Left rear speaker (+) - grey/LT blue
Left rear speaker (-) - tan/yellow
Right rear speaker (+) orange/red
Right rear speaker (-) brown/pink
Old 12-03-2013, 04:47 PM

Replacing with Kenwood KFC-C6844PS installed the drivers side and the sound is great.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Lariat door speaker wiring-image-2885613864.jpg   2006 Lariat door speaker wiring-image-2905551936.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Just Creepin

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 06screwlariat
If you don't want to cut the ends off of the wires in the door you can buy adapters from crutchfield.
I recommend this. I finally tried these and made the install much faster. Literally got the new speakers in as fast as it was to remove the old ones. No time wasted cutting and splicing wires. You'll be much happier too if you go to remove them and install factory again if selling your truck.

Nothing wrong with cutting factory wires and splicing on new. I've never had that fail on me. But you're doing just that, CUTTING factory wires, cutting the ends off. Avoiding doing that makes install easier, faster, cleaner, and much easier to go back to factory so you can keep your equipment for the next vehicle.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207105...s.html?tp=3097
Old 12-04-2013, 02:38 PM

I ended up soldering the new speaker in from the circuit board do I didn't have to give up the tweeter. Te passenger door didn't have that connection so I regret saying I ended up cutting that side connector off an soldering into that harness. But at lease I soldered it in and even used shrink tubing. There is nothing I hate more the to see a splice connector in wiring. Job done clean and I'm happy. Thanks for the wiring color chart and info guys. Just couldn't wait for Crutchfield to send a harness kit
Old 05-16-2020, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m sorry to resurrect this old thread. I just replaced my front door speakers and have nothing to connect the tweeters to anymore, since the new speaker only has the single connection and the tweeter doesn’t plug into the new speaker. How can I reconnect the tweeters so they work again? I don’t like how it sounds without them.

Originally Posted by GAB3
I ended up soldering the new speaker in from the circuit board do I didn't have to give up the tweeter. Te passenger door didn't have that connection so I regret saying I ended up cutting that side connector off an soldering into that harness. But at lease I soldered it in and even used shrink tubing. There is nothing I hate more the to see a splice connector in wiring. Job done clean and I'm happy. Thanks for the wiring color chart and info guys. Just couldn't wait for Crutchfield to send a harness kit
Old 05-16-2020, 07:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think there was a crossover built into the speaker. On mine I just tied the tweeter into the speaker wires from the truck. They work without the crossover. they may not sound as good as they did before, not sure, but it does sound better with them hooked up than not. The higher location helps the highs to hit your ears and not your ankles.

Quick Reply: 2006 Lariat door speaker wiring