Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2006 King Ranch electrical help needed

Old 09-22-2015, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 King Ranch electrical help needed

Hi everyone, I just bought a new to me 2006 F-150 King Ranch, and it has some issues I just found out...

OK the truck originally had the factory entertainment center for the rear passengers, and it has a factory subwoofer under the rear seat. the original owner decided to remove the factory stereo and replace it with a Kenwood DDX 418, now seems like the installers did not get a harness to connect the subwoofer and left 2 harnesses unplugged. see pic below

is there a way to connect the sub? or is it not compatible with aftermarket stereos?

Also, the rear entertainment center (DVD) does not power up, is it because the stereo is replaced? can I get it working somehow?

and last (for now) I have an issue with the front map lights, I was going to replace the bulbs, because they don't turn on, but the bulbs are good, just seems like no power to the map lights, but the weird thing is that the rear map lights and dome are working, so I know is no fuse issues... the truck seem like new all booklets and wireless headphones, manuals etc. and is it almost flawless besides this problems.

can anyone give me some direction on what to look for?

thanks in advance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 King Ranch electrical help needed