Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2006 F150 Instrument Cluster

Old 11-15-2014, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 F150 Instrument Cluster

I know this has been discussed many times, but I'm having issues with the odometer/compass/temperature display on my '06 F150 XLT. The backlight works but the display is intermittent and for the most part doesn't work. It also causes the automatic door locks to engage at times when I come to a stop and start going again. The automatic door lock issue only occurs when the display is not working. From what I've read on other threads the display problem is a common thing, but I haven't come across anyone mentioning the door lock issue. Any thoughts? Is this all related to the cluster needing to be replaced or could it be something else? Thanks.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had the same issue with the locks and cluster. it would also beep and all the lights would go on with all gauges sweeping to zero. replaced the cluster with a re manufactured unit and problem solved. very easy job. takes like 15 mins to replace
Old 11-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Cant this thing go faster

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cbass12
I know this has been discussed many times, but I'm having issues with the odometer/compass/temperature display on my '06 F150 XLT. The backlight works but the display is intermittent and for the most part doesn't work. It also causes the automatic door locks to engage at times when I come to a stop and start going again. The automatic door lock issue only occurs when the display is not working. From what I've read on other threads the display problem is a common thing, but I haven't come across anyone mentioning the door lock issue. Any thoughts? Is this all related to the cluster needing to be replaced or could it be something else? Thanks.
You can try reseating the LCD module in the cluster, some people here have had a small amount of oxidation cause it to stop working. As for the automatic locks you will probably need to resolder some components as these cluster seem to have a large number of bad joints. Both repairs are pretty simple and can easily be done fairly quickly as long as you are careful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 F150 Instrument Cluster