Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2006 BDS lift help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 BDS lift help

Bought a 2006 f150 lariat supercrew 4x4 with 6" BDS lift put on by super trucks in NC and they do a lot of lifts. It has 20" Fuel Hostage wheels and 35" Trail Grapplers. It looks amazing and is super super clean! It's got 80k on it when I bought it this spring and when I drove it, it rode so well with no shake of anything. Now after 7k on it it shakes at around 60 and rides like a POS! Feels super stiff and feels like it bounces everywhere. I've heard people talk about the ride is like factory but I can't believe it. Anyone have the same lift? How does it ride? What can I do to make it a softer ride? Different shocks?
Took it to a local alignment shop and they said they couldn't fit the alignment machine on my wheels. CRAP! Now I have to find someone who can align it. I was thinking of taking it back to stock and was wondering what I would need other then the stock front knuckles. Are the other parts like the cross member just extensions? I'm kind of lost on where to start so sorry if I rambled a little bit..

P.S.-I pull a bass boat a lot through some Virginia hills so that's where the dropping it back to stock comes in to play.

Last edited by 89f150-ole red; 11-14-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you rotated your tires and had the tires rebalanced? Front end components inspected? Running 35s and all that added weight you want to make sure they are balanced properly. As far as getting it aligned take it to a shop that installs lifts.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as I find a shop that can align it I will get them to check everything out. Front tires are wearing a little more on the insides and I've read that came from all the lift and it's tweaked as far as it can go but I will find out more about it when I find an alignment shop. Just looking for some peoples experience if anyone out there has the same problem.

Quick Reply: 2006 BDS lift help