Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 screw brake pressure question

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 screw brake pressure question

Going on my 4th set of rotors on my 2005 Supercrew and have 100,000 miles. Done factory rotors twice and now aftermarket. Front rotors warp after only a few weeks each time then gradually gets worse. pads always look good but replace each time anyway. i am thinking I have a master cylinder issue or proporsioning valve issue and not getting much braking out of the rear. Does anyone have the proper pressure readings either at the master cylinder or at the caliper front and rear to see if this is the issue? i do not tow with vehicle and mostly highway driving. thanks
Old 09-13-2010, 05:24 PM

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

i find the truck brakes heavilly at the front as well. Most of the weight is in the front and that's why it is set up that way or else the rear wheels would lock up under hard braking.

As for the stock rotors and pads, they suck *****. I swapped them all out after the front right pad wore out without hissing and scrapped the rotor to the point that it needed replacing. The dealer quoted me just under $900 for the front end. So i told them to get bent, did myself with drilled slotted rotors and pads from ebay on all four corners. It cost me just under $450 shipped to Canada. The pads arent the best in my opinion, but i'll replace them with a monroe ceramic pads when I feel they are getting weaker. They monroes are amazing pads, with my past cars (99 maxima & 04 gr cherokee) they lasted really long, so ill try them again

Last edited by StonedGreen; 09-13-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Bowhunter Extraordinair

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the rotor warps, is it both sides or just one?
Old 09-14-2010, 08:16 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

If I were in your shoes I would find a set of thick, Brembo blanks, with some nice ceramic pads. What aftermarket rotors are you going with? If they are ebay rotors be very weary of what you get. Also, have you had any braking situations where you needed to go from highway speeds to stopped in a quick mannor? That will warp a rotor pretty fast.

I doubt the proportioning valve is the culprit, but you could always rig something up and check it with a bottle of brake fluid and some left over break lines and a hand pump.

Quick Reply: 2005 screw brake pressure question