Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 Lariat Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 Lariat Tail Lights

My 05 Lariat rear lights aren't working properly. Brake lights don't work, turn signals blink at the same time doesn't matter which side is on, they are weak lights, and no reverse lights. Does anybody have any ideas what is wrong.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:52 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Have you checked the fuses?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:22 PM

Default Fuses

Yes we have check the fuses visually and with a digital volt meter. Checked the bulbs and they are coming on but are so weak that you can barely see them. No reverse lights at all. Front turn signals blink real fast but light up properly while the back ones just barely come on. This is my friends truck and he is at a loss to whats wrong. I just came in on it today and did the above things as well as looking at the wires from back to front for anything real obvious which I didn't find and I know they will need to be checked out better. Could the turn signal switch have any effect on this or maybe the brake light switch on the pedal? He said it did something funny the other night when he put on the brake but I'm not sure what.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:24 PM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by moblmowr
Yes we have check the fuses visually and with a digital volt meter. Checked the bulbs and they are coming on but are so weak that you can barely see them. No reverse lights at all. Front turn signals blink real fast but light up properly while the back ones just barely come on. This is my friends truck and he is at a loss to whats wrong. I just came in on it today and did the above things as well as looking at the wires from back to front for anything real obvious which I didn't find and I know they will need to be checked out better. Could the turn signal switch have any effect on this or maybe the brake light switch on the pedal? He said it did something funny the other night when he put on the brake but I'm not sure what.
Battery good? Alternator good? Maybe something is shorting?
Old 07-17-2013, 10:24 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Find out what happened!
The following users liked this post:
FordSilly (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Flasher?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:11 AM

I would also like to thank alsatropine for his useful post, lol. Fordsilly, I was also thinking it might be the flasher but didn't have a lot of time to look for it. It's not the old style round ones that I'm used to so I will have to try and find a book that covers his year model to see what it looks like and where its located unless someone knows already and can tell me. Thanks to all who have posted on this so far (even alsatropine, lol). I know alsatropine was just trying to see if I found out what it was.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by moblmowr
I would also like to thank alsatropine for his useful post, lol. Fordsilly, I was also thinking it might be the flasher but didn't have a lot of time to look for it. It's not the old style round ones that I'm used to so I will have to try and find a book that covers his year model to see what it looks like and where its located unless someone knows already and can tell me. Thanks to all who have posted on this so far (even alsatropine, lol). I know alsatropine was just trying to see if I found out what it was.
Hahha

And the flasher if it is the old roud style is cheap, 553 I think?
It should be under the steering column. Start at pedals and look up, it should be silver,

My truck is an 04 new style and it is the square style( looks like a relay) with a blue connector
Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 PM

If the truck has tow light connections try to unplug the t connector under he box. Not sure if it has one. Maybe the trailer light connection is shorted or something like that?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:53 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Ha ha ha smart *****es.. lol. I was referring to what you said in your second post about your buddy saying something happened when he hit the brakes the other night.. Just trying to help to see what could have contributed to the issue at hand... sorry my response was so vague!

Quick Reply: 2005 Lariat Tail Lights