Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 lariat project

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 lariat project

I own a 2005 lariat super crew (not the work truck), that I have been working on the interior as I'm not a big fan of tan colour. Everything has gone quite well and I'm putting the finishing touches on the custom interior, now and I'm trying to get the newer f-150 side badges and rear badge for it, I'm unsure if they fit at all even as I'm new to f-150 modifications. Does anyone know where I could get some of these badges in all black if they do fit? I'm also trying to modify the tailgate ford badge so that the ford writing will illuminate red when tail lights are on and glows brighter when the brakes are pressed, has anyone tried this before and if so how did it go? I'd appreciate any tips people can give me, as if this project goes well i plan to post all pictures of the project for your viewing pleasure.

Many thanks to those who reply.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:35 PM

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Ebay has new Ford blue and black oval badges
Old 10-13-2014, 11:02 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Jopson
I'm also trying to modify the tailgate ford badge so that the ford writing will illuminate red when tail lights are on and glows brighter when the brakes are pressed, has anyone tried this before and if so how did it go?
The tailgate oval would have to be clear with either red 2 stage LED's or white LED's with a red overlay. Just to be clear, it shouldn't be that hard, but I have yet to see it done. I know there are some wiring guru's on here as well as people that do overlays. [MENTION=122444]bilinvic Retrofits[/MENTION] and @Moody are the two I'm referring to. Bilinvic do retrofits, so I'm sure they have the taillight wiring down solid. And MoodyBlue pretty much has the vinyl overlays to a science. Good luck to you and I will be stalking this thread for updates and pictures. Haha.

Last edited by Manuellabour247; 10-13-2014 at 11:06 PM. Reason: I can't remember how to spell people's screennames. Lol

Quick Reply: 2005 lariat project