Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 Lariat Green to Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2005 Lariat Green to Blue?

Hi guys, I have been searching and reading throughout this forum about switching out my interior lights from green to blue... however, I can't find answer to a couple of specific questions... I know that if I switch to Blue LEDs I will need to remove the green film on the gauges to get blue... but actually I may prefer the Aqua color leaving it may produce (Dolphins fan)

So my question is about the other things I will need to change... does the AC indicator and the readout that shows Mileage/trip.etc also have the green film? what do I need to do to change them to either Aqua or Blue? And the other things, such as door/steering wheel/etc?

all advice is appreciated

74Gibson
Old 09-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

I'm pretty sure the odometer is just a green LED. To change that would be to actually remove and replace the whole gauge. This sounds like it'll be a big project. You'll have to remove the whole instrument cluster from the dash.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:11 PM

Talking LED

Originally Posted by LaMartian
I'm pretty sure the odometer is just a green LED. To change that would be to actually remove and replace the whole gauge. This sounds like it'll be a big project. You'll have to remove the whole instrument cluster from the dash.
Thanks for the reply, Everything I have read say the LEDs are white but there is a green film that tints them... I have read the scope of work and understand what I am in for, but I have done thing a lot harder than this...

However, for the Odometer you may be right... I talked to a "professional" about the color of the AC info, and he said for $100 they could change the LED for me... he did not mention the odometer... I will investigate further ... also I am a certified solderer and have the equipment, so should be no issues to do it myself... just need to make sure I have the right parts. Thanks again..
Old 09-04-2015, 07:08 PM

Default HVAC Lens

I had read that the LED's on the HVAC can be changed, I assumed this meant the color of the numerical readout... I took mine out to take a closer look, and I can clearly see that there is a thick plastic lens that is green.... can this be replaced? With Blue? I don't care so much about the yellow led's on the buttons, although I will look into changing them... Maybe those were the ones I read about.

I am thinking the actual 7 segment readout may be white under the green lens and a blue one would work... Or Clear with blue film.

Please advise...
Attached Images  

Last edited by Iam74Gibson; 09-04-2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: add picture

Quick Reply: 2005 Lariat Green to Blue?