Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 FX4 Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2005 FX4 Need Advice

First post here! Probably because I currently drive a Silverado...

I am looking to upgrade, and at the same time a buddy of mine is looking to upgrade as well since he just had a baby and would like something roomier.

Its a 2005 F150 FX4, 75.XXX miles, 5.4, 3 inch lift, large brush guard (not completely sold on the looks but up here in MN we hit a lot of deer), Airguard cold air intake, after market pipes, aftermarket audio system (touchscreen, can play dvds... not a reason for buying a truck but neat all the same), interior doesn't have any blemishes except for one cigarette burn, no rust that I could see except one odd spot in the bed itself, one scratch/dent on the rear quarter panel (not huge but noticeable up close), tires new last year.

This is a guy I have been friends with since I was 13 so no shady dealing here. He has a guy at work who used to be a Ford mechanic and is willing to change the plugs when the time comes. I have done my research on this model truck and am aware that there are some issues. I am not sure how the previous owner took care of the truck (before my buddy) but I imagine if he did all this aftermarket stuff to it he would have taken good care of it. Right now he is sitting at $12,500 and it blue books for at least $16,500.

I figured if anyone would be able to give good input it would be you guys! Any comments? Advice? Concerns?
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2014, 02:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, what is he asking and what are you offering? In generally I really dislike buying expensive stuff from friends or relatives. Almost always leads to some kind of issue - but that can depend on how you two work things out. My advice though in general would be to go your separate paths in your upgrade effort.

Beyond that, not really sure how much help we can give you. If you have more specific questions about this or that we can point you in the right direction.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:52 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

I'd pay 12,5 for it no problem if the body was good and it didn't have an absurd amount of miles on it.

It's tough to really say because our markets are all different depending on where we live but to me, from where I come from 12,5 is a very fair price on what looks to be a nice truck and a good ugprade on your Chevy.
The following users liked this post:
coborn35 (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 03:58 PM

I am in MN so 4 wheel drive vehicles fetch good prices around here. I am just trying to get any info that would persuade me from NOT buying it, things I wouldnt be aware of. Truck is solid all around with only 76,000 miles on it.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:01 AM

Its hard to get a good idea on price around here, most vehicles for sale have at least 120,xxx on them. Just looking for any advice.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coborn35
Its hard to get a good idea on price around here, most vehicles for sale have at least 120,xxx on them. Just looking for any advice.

Advice on what exactly? Still not sure what you are looking for. If you've researched the issues as you stated then you know what to expect as potential issues - every vehicle has something or other that's not ideal, the f150 is no exception. Really no more or less than anything else in general, so it's up to you. If you're looking for advice on price, since it's you good friend, only you two are going to agree on a price. As I stated earlier buying something that costs this much from a friend is asking for complications in your friendship, but if you can work out a good deal for both of you then go for it if that's what you want to do.

Quick Reply: 2005 FX4 Need Advice