Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 F150 vibration???

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 F150 vibration???

Was driving in my friends 05 F-150...it is stock. We were doing about 50MPH and the truck started to shake, not violently but enough to notice. We pulled over and shut it off and looked at the lug nuts, tires etc....Drove off....vibration gone. Week later it did the same thing we replaced the 4X4 solenoid on the firewall thinking it was engaging the front end. Still does the same thing, once or twice a week on the highway it starts to vibrate and will do so until the truck is stopped, any ideas? Thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 09:55 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

E-brake maybe sticking. Does he use it?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:10 PM

It is the vacuum acuated hub, it has a small leak and when the truck goes up hill, or is under a load the vacuum drops and the front end engages until you stop, on dry tar you can just feel a small vibration. Replaced hub......all set
Old 03-27-2008, 12:14 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad you got it fixed
Old 03-28-2008, 12:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zapp168
Was driving in my friends 05 F-150...it is stock. We were doing about 50MPH and the truck started to shake, not violently but enough to notice. We pulled over and shut it off and looked at the lug nuts, tires etc....Drove off....vibration gone. Week later it did the same thing we replaced the 4X4 solenoid on the firewall thinking it was engaging the front end. Still does the same thing, once or twice a week on the highway it starts to vibrate and will do so until the truck is stopped, any ideas? Thanks
If it comes from the rear it's the e-brake. They rust and stick if you don't use them. It happens all the time. One of many little vibration sources that when you add them all makes the F150 the most vibration-prone vehicle I've ever heard of. I've become a pro trying figure mine out. No luck so far though. I'm pretty sure it's the driveshaft or ujoints on mine. Dealers just BSed me through my warranty and so did Ford, so...

The pulling over part makes it sound like either the e-brake or that solenoid if it's in the front.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:55 AM

Default 2005 f150 vibration

I want to pass my vibration experience to other that have the same problem.

The problem comes from the rear brakes locking up while driving or pulling a trailer

The truck was under warrenty but had to complain and take back several time to the Ford dealear

at first they replace rear parking brake cables and actuators and problem still the same

after several times Ford finally replace rear brake assemblies with larger heavier brake disc assy that kept brakes from hanging up while driving and problem is gone, the brake were hanging up so bad they had to replace all four

to replace the rear assemblies the rear axles had to be removed for the new brake assy

This was a big expense over 3k but ford had too pay truck was still in warrenty

I am just pissed at FORD they never made this a public priority event because it is a safty isuue. RECAL TSB ect.

Asked Ford about this and they kept it very quiet NO TSBs or RECALLS this was a dangerous situation when the truck would sart vibarting and you would have to stop and pull off the road

My opinion is that FORD has a big issue with this and they are keeping it under the wraps

Quick Reply: 2005 F150 vibration???