Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 f150/ trans fault, limp mode, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 f150/ trans fault, limp mode, HELP

This is going to be a long one. i have read online and here for over 5 hours and have come up with nothing. I have a 2005 f150 2wd.

yesterday i installed dynotech long tube headers and removed the cats. The truck started last night, but will not drive and has a erratic idle. The dash says trans fault. When i put it in gear there is no throttle.

I read the codes with my edge and i am receiving the following codes.

p1000, Check of all OBDII Systems Not Complete
p0962, EPC solenoid circuit failure, shorted circuit or output driver
p0758, SSB electrical circuit failure
p0755, SSB solenoid circuit failure
p0748, Pressure Control Solenoid A Electrical
p0743, TCC solenoid circuit failure during on-board diagnostic
p0470, Exhaust Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction

I installed the headers per there instructions. disconnected the neg battery cable etc. I have had no issues with the transmission at all, so i am thinking i have some electrical or computer issue.

The only thing i did with electrical was disconnect the negitive side of the battery during the install.
I also extended the o2 sensor wires by soldering new wires in. I know they are wired correctly (100%). I went back under the truck and verified that i havent touched anything on the tranny and then checked all the connections. everything is good.

i have also disconnected the battery again and unplugged the o2 sensors. i am now getting codes for every sensor, so i dont think thats it. It appears they are working.

is there a issue with the o2 wires that caused a short or is this something that i have no clue about?

Where do i go from here?

Quick Reply: 2005 f150/ trans fault, limp mode, HELP