Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 F150 makes a noise when i pull off

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 F150 makes a noise when i pull off

I am new to the forum and found it while trying to do research on my problem with my truck. I have a 2005 Ford F150 super crew V8 5.4 The truck has about 70,000 miles. I use the truck for my real estate business.

When i pull off a low speeds between maybe 5- 15 miles an hour I hear a gringding noise that sounds like it is coming from the rear or maybe the transmission. The car looses power during the noise and i have to let of the gas then reingage the gas and every thing is fine. It only does this during the take off. The problem is intermient and does not happen every time I take off. It almost feels like i am pulling something that is very heavy i can feel the vibration in the gas pedel.

Has any one seen or heard of any issues like this? When i have taken it to the dealer they are not able to reproduce my problem and say they can fix what they can verify which i understand but it bothers me becuase its has been going on for a few months. My warenty will expire at 75,000 and i want it addressed before the warenty expires
Old 01-05-2008, 11:42 PM

it probably has something to do with your gears in the back...either that, or the tranny is going bad which i have heard is a major issue with our trucks...i know im talking about 2 totally different areas of the car, but im leaning more towards the tranny because ive had a similar problem in my dads jeep, but after like a day or so it stopped doing it and went back to normal...as far as the stealerships, i feel ford has by far the laziest techs because i told them to check out my windows (passenger side works when it wants) and instead of trying it multiple times, they tried it once, it worked, and said they were fine...and i also asked them to check out my steering wheel controls because they dont work, and they said all the fuses were fine and they couldnt fix it...IMO, they suck...
Old 01-25-2008, 10:06 PM

I think you may have the same issue I just solved today. I was hearing a grinding noise when starting out in my '05 and I determined it was coming from the pass. side front wheel. After a week at the shop, they determined it was from water getting into the vacuum line that makes the actuator disengage from the hub. The grinding noise was the actuator tearing up the hub. It also would not go into 4WD. Apparently it is a problem with F-150's built prior to April 2006. There is a service bulletin out on it. The solution was a new wheel hub and actuator. You might want to ask your dealer about it. Hope this helps. As luck would have it, my warranty expired on Dec 31.

Quick Reply: 2005 F150 makes a noise when i pull off