Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2004 Lariat Rattling?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Lariat Rattling?

Just got my first truck. 2004 f-150 lariat. So far so good. 130 k on it and still running perfect. I just noticed this rattling sound recently. Sounds like tin scraping but theres nothing hanging off it and i can't find anything lodged in it. It started off sounding like it was on each front tire only when i accelerated, then stopped once I got to a certain speed, then changed to just the left side, then both, and now back to the left side. So all the changing has lead me to believe it's nothing serious. It only does it in gear, and doesn't affect the performance of the truck whatsoever. I know this is a bit vague, but if anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Sup

Does it rattle just when youre moving or at a stand still also? if it does it at stand still then it could be a heat shield.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:04 AM

no it only does it when i accelerate at certain times, sometimes at 30, then itll stop, sometimes i can get to 40, then it'll stop, it's always different which is weird.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:02 PM

Okay. Update. Brought it to Ford. Expected it to be a cheap fix.. turned out to be the IWE Solenoid, Vacuum Hubs, and a front ball joint with a new alignment. All in all, (since my warranty didn't cover it) It would have cost me around $1080.00. I put everything I had into getting that truck and told them I couldn't do it. LUCKILY the Technician told me that the truck would not pass inspection without these problems addressed ASAP, so I used that as ammunition. I talked to the used car salesman and explained how I just bought that truck 2 weeks back and it's already falling apart and needs $1,000 worth of work. Though they JUST inspected it and it passed... now they're telling me it wont pass inspection. We went back and forth and I had told them I would hate for it to come down to it, but I may have to contact an attorney to see my rights. Once again, they told me they'd discuss it and get back to me. Ford called back after a "Meeting" they had and determined "safety is top priority" and told me they'd take care of it free of charge. So All in all, love my truck, Don't really care for how Ford does their business, and I'd recommend people to get the newer IWE Solenoid so you don't screw with your 4x4.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 PM

Looks like you did alright.. Hope you can enjoy your truck now

Quick Reply: 2004 Lariat Rattling?