Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2004 Heritage clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Heritage clutch problem

Hello everyone, I am new here if you cant tell. I have been reading this forum for a while now and just now decided to become a member.

The problem Im having started today on my 04 F150 STX Heritage edition. I drove the truck to the store last night with no problem as usual. But then this morning I wanted to drive my truck over to my see my family for christmas and when I got in, it started just fine and then when I tried to push the clutch and drop it into reverse it wouldnt change gears. The clutch pedal is really easy to push (there is almost no resistance). It returns to normal position after pushing it down. It just doesnt feel like its engaging anything. I had rolled out into the street and in order to get my truck out of the street and back into my driveway, I had to turn the truck off and then put the gear in 1st and then start the truck, when I did this the truck crept forward even with the clutch pedal all of the way down. I almost hit the back of my carport because the clutch would not disengage the gear. I have checked the hydraulic fluid level and it seemed fine. I am out of ideas..... ANyone have any ideas as to why it is doing this?

Thank you in advance for any help you guys may give me.

Quick Reply: 2004 Heritage clutch problem