Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2004 fx4 5.4ltr problems

Old 03-10-2009, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 fx4 5.4ltr problems

A couple of days ago my truck died while i was driving it. After checking the air filter I found that it was chewed to shreds. I cleaned it out the filter housing as best I could but it still would not run. I figured a bunch of the filter pieces got sucked down into the intake manifold. How do I get into the manifold to clean it out. I took off the throttle body and looked down into the manifold but dont see anything. The truck will start but it wont even idle and definately wont run without me keeping the rpms at about 3000. It quickly spudders to a stop. I started taking the manifold off but after 4 hours and 20 some bolts, 15 wire harnesses it seems to big to even get out from under the hood without taking everything apart. Please help me if you can. A diagram wood definately help or any other ideas of what else i could do to fix the problem. By the way I came home the next day and caught a little red squirrel running out from under my truck. I bet he liked the taste of my filter more than the the twelve gauge shot that almost tore him in half. thanks again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 fx4 5.4ltr problems