Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2004 Forf F-150 customizing...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Forf F-150 customizing...

I purchased a kicker 700.5 amp and was trying to find a good place to put it. It you know amps, its one of the big ones. When i was looking around the truck, i looked everywhere, then decided to look up, and found the perfect spot. On the rails, between the sunglasses holder and the end of the rail bars on top, the amp fits perfectly. I just dont know if it has enough support to hold that weight all the time. Anyone else had this idea, or know if it will work or not?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:04 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by leebojohnston
I purchased a kicker 700.5 amp and was trying to find a good place to put it. It you know amps, its one of the big ones. When i was looking around the truck, i looked everywhere, then decided to look up, and found the perfect spot. On the rails, between the sunglasses holder and the end of the rail bars on top, the amp fits perfectly. I just dont know if it has enough support to hold that weight all the time. Anyone else had this idea, or know if it will work or not?

i have the same amp mounted in an OEM amp/accessory rack in the trunk of my car....anywho, which cab do you have? the supercrew/supercab should have enough room under the rear seat to accomodate it, if you have the regular cab, there is enough room to get "creative" and build something low profile with 1/2 inch MDF and some carpeting or some Rhino Liner.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:14 AM

Default Re:

ive got the supercrew, and the box takes up about all the space under the back seats.And trying to set the amp on the box jst looks stupid. I just wanted to get a little creative, and put the amp on those rail boards between the sunglasses holder and the end of the rails. Just dont know if it will support it.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 PM

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I have the same amp in my '07 Scab. It's the KX700.5. I mounted it behind the rear seat back. It is mounted to the back wall. The seat fits over it just fine and I have not had any heat issues. I live in a hot humid climate too so I don't see any issues with mounting it there. I haven't taken any pics yet but I will be soon.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:23 AM

Talking

There's a box specifically made for under the back seat...down firing.

Quick Reply: 2004 Forf F-150 customizing...