Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2004 5.4 still down need help

Old 02-17-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 5.4 still down need help

I posted a while back about a problem I had with a 5.4 and I have done all I know to do so I need some input from people that think they know what the problem could be. it stop on my son about 7 miles from our house I went and it started up but had a real bad miss after I got on the highway over 3 RPMs it ran better but still had a little miss I got it home and in garage and replaced the plugs and coil packs the plugs was in very bad shape with 160000 miles on them the ends was burnt off 6 of them so I replaced the plugs & coil packs & both cam phaser & camshaft sensor & fuel pump driver module and it still had a very bad miss under 3 RPMs its real bad and if you let off the gas it goes dead fast but if you get the RPMs over 3 RPMs it run smooth with a little miss in it and if you drive it down the road over 3 RPMs runs with little miss could someone tell me what else to look for THANKS AGAIN
Old 02-18-2016, 07:24 PM

Received 247 Likes on 212 Posts

I hate to be the one to say this but it would be easier to read your post and hopefully answer your question if you would put some type of punctuation in. A period at the end of a sentence would help. What plugs and coil packs did you put in? It looks like you are saying you changed the phasers, if so, what brand did you use? Report back with the info and we will try to help more.
Good luck
Tom
Old 02-18-2016, 10:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vintageman
I hate to be the one to say this but it would be easier to read your post and hopefully answer your question if you would put some type of punctuation in. A period at the end of a sentence would help. What plugs and coil packs did you put in? It looks like you are saying you changed the phasers, if so, what brand did you use? Report back with the info and we will try to help more.
Good luck
Tom
X 2 on this^

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 5.4 still down need help