Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2 Evap/purge questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 11:38 AM

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Default 2 Evap/purge questions

Im more curious than anything but wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen. Sometimes when my truck has sat overnight and I start it and drive right away my hood on the drivers side vibrates like crazy right above where the purge cannister is on the firewall but goes away after a minute or two. What is causing this/is it normal. The thing seems to hiss alot on cold start and eventually goes away too, again, maybe normal since it is a purge unit. Second question is about the much smaller cannister on the pass side firewall with the 2 lines going into it. It seems to "burp" alot when I shut the engine off obviously I notice it when I have the hood up and shut the engine off with my remote. Just curious if someone cares to chime in. Thanks
Old 05-24-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 2,210 Likes on 1,690 Posts

Have you ever used a leak stop product in your AC?
Old 05-25-2015, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by digitaltrucker
Have you ever used a leak stop product in your AC?
No, but I bought the truck used. Why do you ask
Old 05-25-2015, 03:30 PM

just guessing: if someone used the stop leak stuff, it can and will clog the fixed orifice valve (if equipped) and any other small chamber. Just thinking this could cause the noises you hear. Maybe?

While I dont hear the hissing in my 13, I know this is said to be normal in a system balancing after turning off.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:59 PM

just guessing: if someone used the stop leak stuff, it can and will clog the fixed orifice valve (if equipped) and any other small chamber. Just thinking this could cause the noises you hear. Maybe?

While I dont hear the hissing in my 13, I know this is said to be normal in a system balancing after turning off.
Ok, its just one of those things with the hood open, you hear alot of strange sounds and wonder if its normal. I"ve got other issues going on with my truck so Im trying to rule things out. You're killing me by telling me ya got a '13 ha ha
Old 05-25-2015, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy J
Ok, its just one of those things with the hood open, you hear alot of strange sounds and wonder if its normal. I"ve got other issues going on with my truck so Im trying to rule things out. You're killing me by telling me ya got a '13 ha ha
Dont be too envious, my 13's ac sucks!
Old 05-25-2015, 04:38 PM

Dont be too envious, my 13's ac sucks!
who cares, Im sure it looks good. ha. Yea, I think I"d rather be driving a rust bucked with ice cold air. I heard some of the 08's have the worst air, like its not even on and there is no fix to it. geeeezzz louieeeez Ford, get your act together. Not sure how I feel about the 15's yet
Old 05-25-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy J
who cares, Im sure it looks good. ha. Yea, I think I"d rather be driving a rust bucked with ice cold air. I heard some of the 08's have the worst air, like its not even on and there is no fix to it. geeeezzz louieeeez Ford, get your act together. Not sure how I feel about the 15's yet
Actually the 08 I traded gave me a steady 40, not great, degree air from the ac.

This 13 that Ford changed up the cycling points for better fuel economy, is horrific on days above 90, sun up and mid to high humidity.

I had to park it last summer on some days served no purpose to arrive somewhere as a sweat ball!

Like the body style of the 15, but if this one ac issue drives me crazy, imagine what a 15 will do with all of its: rattling doors, leaking moonroof, rusty under carriage, missing buttons, drifting just to name a few!
Old 05-26-2015, 04:18 PM

Actually the 08 I traded gave me a steady 40, not great, degree air from the ac.

This 13 that Ford changed up the cycling points for better fuel economy, is horrific on days above 90, sun up and mid to high humidity.

I had to park it last summer on some days served no purpose to arrive somewhere as a sweat ball!

Like the body style of the 15, but if this one ac issue drives me crazy, imagine what a 15 will do with all of its: rattling doors, leaking moonroof, rusty under carriage, missing buttons, drifting just to name a few!
Maybe it was the 06's with the bad air. Yeah, just when you need the air the most, kind of like any kind of insurance claim, you actually use it and then get punished or the run around. It took me over a month after someone crossed 4 lanes and totaled my 99 to get a dime. they did'nt want to give me anywhere near its replacement cost. Took alot of time and yelling for me to get a decent amount. $44 for my $500.00 cap and on and on kind of nonsense. Anyway, I digress. Im in the northeast and its in the 90's and my air seemed fine. Left it running with my german shepherd inside while I ran errands. ha ha. Take care buddy
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (05-26-2015)

Quick Reply: 2 Evap/purge questions