Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

? 2 or 3" leveling kit affecting suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ? 2 or 3" leveling kit affecting suspension

Have seen a few post and concerned bout putting a leveling kit and changing angles on my truck, making it a bad decision. Does it hurt the truck in the long run, or will it be ok and not be concerned bout breaking or damaging something.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 07:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a couple of small parts in the front end that will wear out a little bit faster, but not significantly faster. Also, if yours vibrates, like many do, then according to Ford mechanics lifting it will make it worse. They told me after driving mine and then their shop truck with my boat on it that they all vibrate. "Very encouraging" was my response. Most will tell you that lifting it won't affect vibration, but it might. Lift it and remove the kit if it vibrates.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I wouldn't worry about them, and if you are go with a 2" kit since it will be a little bit better as far as angles are concerned.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Put a 2.5" level on wifes truck and did not notice any differnece
Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 inch on mine. It's almost higher in the front now but still looks better than sloping down like a stocker. What Vibration? Mine is as smooth as My Lincoln LS only alot higher up......
Also, I had an alignment shop install mine seeing I would need an alignment anyways. I asked them if anything would wear prematurely and they said they highly doubted it.

Last edited by Dan"Gerous"; 03-20-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robotaz
There are a couple of small parts in the front end that will wear out a little bit faster, but not significantly faster. Also, if yours vibrates, like many do, then according to Ford mechanics lifting it will make it worse. They told me after driving mine and then their shop truck with my boat on it that they all vibrate. "Very encouraging" was my response. Most will tell you that lifting it won't affect vibration, but it might. Lift it and remove the kit if it vibrates.
What kind of vibration are you talking about and what's causing it? Also, what style of leveling kit are you running? I could imagine that the plate steel type might suffer from vibration, but I couldn't see that happening with the solid billet spacers.

Quick Reply: ? 2 or 3" leveling kit affecting suspension