Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

10" of lift?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10" of lift?

Would it be possible to put 10" coilovers on my already installed 6" bds lift kit, or would that cause problems and the highest I could go would be 8"?
What would be the most efficient way of getting more lift out of my 6" bds lift

I'm looking to get everything ordered by the end of the week because I need new tires, and in I'm getting all new rubber I might as well get more lift and bigger tires while I can.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2013, 10:28 PM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't know for sure but I'm betting that 10" coilovers wouldn't work on a 6" lift kit. However I have heard of people stacking a 2-2.5 inch leveling lot on top of their 6" coilovers to get a little more lift. And if all else fails, maybe look into a body lift.
Of course I'm assuming you would want to get larger tires with all your newfound lift which then brings into question getting new gears so you don't do bad things to your transmission.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:32 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

You could do 8" lift coil overs on your 6" lift but that's it.

To get 10" of lift you would have to rip off your old lift kit and install and new 10" lift kit or an 8" lift kit with 2" leveling kit.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by BassAckwards
You could do 8" lift coil overs on your 6" lift but that's it.

To get 10" of lift you would have to rip off your old lift kit and install and new 10" lift kit or an 8" lift kit with 2" leveling kit.
That's kind of what I figured because of the angles and whatnot. But I know nothing about coilovers and figured maybe that would correct the issue but I guess not
Old 06-30-2013, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by zmadams
I don't know for sure but I'm betting that 10" coilovers wouldn't work on a 6" lift kit. However I have heard of people stacking a 2-2.5 inch leveling lot on top of their 6" coilovers to get a little more lift. And if all else fails, maybe look into a body lift.
Of course I'm assuming you would want to get larger tires with all your newfound lift which then brings into question getting new gears so you don't do bad things to your transmission.
Looks like I'm only going 8" than. I kind of figured it wouldn't work, and I'm trying to stay away from a body lift just because of the complicated install, and the look it gives a truck. Thanks for your reply

Quick Reply: 10" of lift?