Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

$10 1000ft spot light system

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default $10 1000ft spot light system

I had some parts laying around, the only thing I had to buy was the relay, I only had 24v relays..... So I bought a $10 12v relay and this is what I threw together......

Piece of angle iron did the trick, bolted to lower headlight bracket....

The pricey part.....

There must be some switch that is a factory option there, so I figured it was a good place to mount my switch.

Hole near brake booster to get wires into cab, easy to see from engine bay. Impossible to find from cabin. I ended up just taking a clothes hanger and poking it through and praying i didn't hit anything...
Old 02-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

looks good. how is the mounting bar attached?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:29 PM

Default look great

dude ya took my idea,no i'm kidding,lol.i just never gog around to do doing.hey its been cold outside.about 7months ago i went out and bought 2 spot lights for my truck and well just became lazy and never got them in,lol.anyways looks real good.gives the front end some added agressivness with your bull bar in all. by any chance,want to tell me how ya did it.start to finish,when you have time as i imagine might have been allot of work.well again looks great.later.
ryan
Old 02-22-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Two Words.... Simple Green! Thats a beautiful truck but the engine bay looks like its 25 years old!

Anyways, nice mod, looks really good!
Old 02-22-2009, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Two Words.... Simple Green! Thats a beautiful truck but the engine bay looks like its 25 years old!

Anyways, nice mod, looks really good!

That's from snow melt puddles a few weeks ago, it melted and then before I washed the truck it got cold again. I tend not to wash my engine when it's around or below freezing... Water can get into connectors freeze, then unplug the connector. Then you have to dig around and find it.....

It will get washed after the march snow storm....
Old 02-22-2009, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rnger3rd
dude ya took my idea,no i'm kidding,lol.i just never gog around to do doing.hey its been cold outside.about 7months ago i went out and bought 2 spot lights for my truck and well just became lazy and never got them in,lol.anyways looks real good.gives the front end some added agressivness with your bull bar in all. by any chance,want to tell me how ya did it.start to finish,when you have time as i imagine might have been allot of work.well again looks great.later.
ryan
I'll take some pics for ya next time I'm at the shop. Maybe today, def Monday.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rollingthunder
That's from snow melt puddles a few weeks ago, it melted and then before I washed the truck it got cold again. I tend not to wash my engine when it's around or below freezing... Water can get into connectors freeze, then unplug the connector. Then you have to dig around and find it.....

It will get washed after the march snow storm....
I hear ya man! My truck is disgusting right now too, its just been so darn cold here in the NE this year that you can't spend much time outside to do anything! My truck is black and its killing me not washing and waxing it to get all the light scratches and swirl marks out!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 AM

dude that would be great,i'm just stuck on to how to go about doing i,any help you can swing my way would be great,thanks bro,ryan

Quick Reply: $10 1000ft spot light system