Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

08 xlt tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Blue Chrome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 08 xlt tweeters

I have an 08 xlt and just noticed this. It's a supercab and the rear and front speakers work but it looks like above where the front speaker sits in both the driver and passenger side that there is a spot above for tweeters. Are the tweeters already there or is this something ford did to make it easier for adding afterwards? I was thinking maybe they just came unwired from the factory or something any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Truckin'Boatin'Bikin' Nut

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes you are right it is a spot for tweeters. When you have the Audiophile Stereo it comes with the extra tweeters as well as a sub under the rear seat.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Blue Chrome

Originally Posted by gjdavies
Yes you are right it is a spot for tweeters. When you have the Audiophile Stereo it comes with the extra tweeters as well as a sub under the rear seat.
Ok thanks. I only have the single cd player system in my truck unfortunately no subwoofer which means no tweeters. My stock stereo is so low especially when playing my ipod through it. I basically have to max the volume out to even hear the songs on the ipod decently and thats with the volume on the ipod maxed too.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:08 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

how are you playing the ipod? an fm modulator?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
The LED Man

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DiCe08
Ok thanks. I only have the single cd player system in my truck unfortunately no subwoofer which means no tweeters. My stock stereo is so low especially when playing my ipod through it. I basically have to max the volume out to even hear the songs on the ipod decently and thats with the volume on the ipod maxed too.

I noticed this issue in my dad's 08, and his iPhone. My 08 does really well with my iPhone, I always keep the volume up towards the top on my phone, but then the radio volume I keep normal. We both use the aux jack.

Interesting...
Old 04-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Blue Chrome

Originally Posted by jbhill
how are you playing the ipod? an fm modulator?
My truck came standard with an aux input jack for playing the ipod. Fm modulators are so terrible I used to have one to play my ipod in my old vehicle and it was such a pain in the ***** looking for stations all the time. If you don't already have an aux input jack I'd definitely recommend having one installed instead of using the fm modulator.

Quick Reply: 08 xlt tweeters