Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

08 Limited Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 08 Limited Issues

I have an 08 Limited AWD with 120,000 miles. After reading many forums threads I still have some questions.

Does any one know how to get the center caps on the wheels to stay on without using silicone?

After making turns I get a driveline buzz/vibration that's gets worse as the speed increases up to 70 mph, if I let off of the pedal the buzz goes away and comes back if I press down again. Eventually the buzz goes away after letting off of the gas a few times (1-2 miles later). This issues is not during the turn its while I'm driving in a straight line after turning.

Bed shakes at 45-55 mph, sometimes it's pretty violent and easily seen in the drivers mirror other times it's just a slight shake.

Driver side air vents have no air pressure compared the the passenger side.

Thanks in advanced for all helpful responses.

Last edited by Hey David; 07-31-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Make sure all tires are inflated the same and have the same tread depth. AWD vehicles are very finicky if the tires are not the same. Also, there will always be some additional vibration as the AWD system is always "on". The center differential is always turning more or less.

Bed shake is common in all trucks and I'm guessing you have 22s which doesn't allow the tires to absorb much of the impact of road imperfections, etc. All my trucks have had some degree of bed shake.
The following users liked this post:
Hey David (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Platinum6point2
Make sure all tires are inflated the same and have the same tread depth. AWD vehicles are very finicky if the tires are not the same. Also, there will always be some additional vibration as the AWD system is always "on". The center differential is always turning more or less. Bed shake is common in all trucks and I'm guessing you have 22s which doesn't allow the tires to absorb much of the impact of road imperfections, etc. All my trucks have had some degree of bed shake.
Thank you for the reply. I'll check the tires for equal inflation.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey David
Thank you for the reply. I'll check the tires for equal inflation.
Did you ever figure out the buzz?
Old 03-09-2018, 05:23 AM

I did not. Shortly after that post a kid pulled out in front of me and totaled the truck.

Quick Reply: 08 Limited Issues