Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

08 5.4 Exhaust Manifold Removal Tips?

Old 07-17-2015, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 08 5.4 Exhaust Manifold Removal Tips?

I read a bunch of posts before deciding to tackle this project. Had the ticking sounds coming from the lower passenger side so I figured if I'm doing the work I might as well upgrade to Dynatech long tubes and y-pipe in the process. Anyways on the drivers side I'm down to the lower front nut. I can can barely see it let alone get a socket on it. Anything that can be removed or shifted to gain access? Passenger side I have the back four out. Front top two are fighting me a bit so I soaked them with PB again overnight. Lowers I cant quite get to. I removed the starter, took the nuts off on the transmission mount and passengers side motor mount, tried lifting at the bell housing and it wouldn't budge. Not sure if it's just rusted in place or I missed something. Really a very clean truck underneath so not sure. Does anybody have any extra tips that might help me out? Knock on wood so far I've been pretty lucky, all the nuts broke loose fairly easy despite looking like rusted blobs, studs actually look good. Three days of PB Blaster in advance seemed to help. Anyways any additional tips or thoughts would be appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 5.4 Exhaust Manifold Removal Tips?