Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

08 5.4 engine replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 5.4 engine replacement

To start things off, if you are in the Seattle, WA area and are looking to buy a Ford, I would highly recommend working with Evergreen Ford in Issaquah. I posted a few weeks ago about my purchase of used 08 5.4 that sounded like it was having some misfire issues, but that was only the beginning.

I purchased an 08 F-150 5.4l on Memorial Day and had issues with it the day I drove it off the lot (only after having driven for more than 30 min). I took it back to Evergreen on Tuesday and they took the car in and gave me a rental to use in the mean time. Over the course of the following week, I received updates about what was checked and what problems were not found. Last Monday I received a picture of the engine on a hoist and then on Tuesday got the news that Ford had decided it was cheaper to replace the engine rather than fix the problem. It is probably obvious, but I did purchase the used car warranty offered through Ford on used vehicles with under 110K.

Fast forward to today and my truck should be back in operation tomorrow. I will have purchased an used 08 with 106k and will be getting back my truck with a brand new motor. Throughout the whole thing, I will not have put any money out of my pocket for the rental or the replacement engine and the dealership has been awesome to deal with. The extended warranty is now the best investment I have made in a long time.

Now that I am done with my story, any suggestions out there about the break-in and first few months with the new engine? I have never owned a car or truck with a replaced engine, so is there anything I should be keeping my eye on?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

good deal...bout time somebody stands behind their product...drive like you stole it...

Quick Reply: 08 5.4 engine replacement