Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

07 rounf fog/driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 rounf fog/driving lights

Okay so I finally started to play around with the new truck, don't really drive it alot due to a part time company truck. So I finally notice how to turn the driving lights on (insert laughter here ). Is there a way to adjust them upward? They only seem to light up just in front of the truck, the parking lights light up more of the road?

Is there anyone that has swapped them out for a aftermarket brand? HID's are out of my price range right now, so if anything I could swing a bulb swap but I don't think a brighter bulb will work for more light out in front further down the road.

Thanks guys and gals
Old 05-03-2009, 11:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you want the fog lights to go farther out? They run right up to where your headlights start lighting up the road.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:40 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

You're confused with how fog lights are supposed to operate. During a foggy morning, your headlights produce a lot of glare because the fog "mist" (water droplets) block/refract the headlight beam; in simpler words, the headlights do not light up the road during foggy situations. High beams are worse; never use highbeams during foggy situations.

The fog lights are meant to be at the lowest, safest point in front of a vehicle. Since fog is not as intense at ground level, the fog lights will light up the road in front of you to provide a safe path to see. Of course you are supposed to adjust your speed as well.

Adjusting the fog lights to aim higher will only render them useless. They are designed to aim low, and light up the roadway in front during foggy conditions.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:11 PM

m too used to the driving lights I put on my blazer. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 PM

If you don't like the factory bulbs, you can switch them out for Sylvania Silverstar 9145's. I am runing these in my foglights and am pleased with there performance.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:42 PM

I just swapped out both the headlights a fog lights with silver stars. I was just under the impression they were driving lights and not fog lights was all.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:06 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

search bambi mod. also, i added 9005 bulbs to mine cuz there brighter...
Old 05-05-2009, 07:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And again the bambi mod puts your fogs on while high beams are on. Fog lights are really for looks now adays, and who is gonna be lookin at the front of your truck when your high beams are on?

And sick ranger Jbhill!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:11 AM
Ex Badge Bunny

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

oh dear God, just please don't put Halo bulbs in the fogs.... those stupid things melted the glass!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by navytrev
Fog lights are really for looks now adays, .....
Not true. I've used the fog lights when driving through the Ocala National Forest (Central west Florida) during the foggy evenings and mornings. Lots of critters and bambi's running about. The fog lights on my 2005 STX work very well in lighting up the road during these foggy conditions.

Yes, I'll agree that the "crotch at the knee, underwear showing drivers of the little puddle jumping rice burners" like to drive around at night with the fog lights on for the "cool" look. Thank god our trucks don't follow that crowd, right?

They don't know any better. Like it's been said before: "stupid is as stupid does"

Quick Reply: 07 rounf fog/driving lights