Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

07 lariat intermittent start

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 lariat intermittent start

I have a 2007 supercrew lariat 5.4L- turn the key and it does nothing..no clicking, just moves into the 4th position and does nothing. I can hear the fuel pump turning on and off when i turn the key from the 3rd to the 4th position but thats all. The truck will start on occasion like nothing ever happens.

Have towed to Ford Dealership and they replaced a diode on the drivers side rear of the truck that had completely burned up. They ran a complete system scan and it stopped cranking later that day. Brought to my mechanic and Battery is fine, all cables are fine, replaced starter and day later stopped cranking again. Brought to the so called Ford guru in my area, he found the same diode on the drivers side rear burnt, replaced and it burnt up immediately. so he replaced the main fuse box on the foot panel any ideas....I ve been without my truck for 3 months???
Old 03-28-2013, 12:52 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by baldwincounty
I have a 2007 supercrew lariat 5.4L- turn the key and it does nothing..no clicking, just moves into the 4th position and does nothing. I can hear the fuel pump turning on and off when i turn the key from the 3rd to the 4th position but thats all. The truck will start on occasion like nothing ever happens.

Have towed to Ford Dealership and they replaced a diode on the drivers side rear of the truck that had completely burned up. They ran a complete system scan and it stopped cranking later that day. Brought to my mechanic and Battery is fine, all cables are fine, replaced starter and day later stopped cranking again. Brought to the so called Ford guru in my area, he found the same diode on the drivers side rear burnt, replaced and it burnt up immediately. so he replaced the main fuse box on the foot panel any ideas....I ve been without my truck for 3 months???
Diode? Do you mean the starter relay?

I'm guessing you've got a short in your wiring.

Quick Reply: 07 lariat intermittent start