Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

07 Front end Rattling

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Front end Rattling

My 07 Lariat 5.4Flex 4X4 is making what I think is a rattling noise in what I belives is the front right. It makes it under slight exceleration when the cruse is on or when I am traveling at a constant speed. It will stop when I lift out of the throttle. I saw on here that a member had what sounded like the same thing as mine. His turned out to be the vacume hubs. They had aleak, and were trying to lock unlock. I took it to Ford and they tested the vacume system overnight and say there is no leaks. Also they say they can not get it to repoduce the sound, but it still does it. It did seam to be getting worse when I was driving it when I was home for R&R. I wont be home for good til Aug, and the truck has plenty of warrenty left. It only has 16k on it. Can anybody offer any insight on this? The help would be great. I am hopping it is not the engine. Oh do the 07s have problems with the campashers? Thanks. SSG C
Old 04-22-2009, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me kinda like a CV problem. But I assume it does this in 2wd?
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 PM

Driving on the highway going 100km heading up a hill, I give it more gas or it starts to slow down. When I accelerate going up, I would get a clicking (almost like brakes rubbing) sound. It goes away right when I take my foot off the gas. It would not do this in 4x4 at all.

I first changed my IWE Solenoid, this did not fix the problem. The dealer replaced my Actuators (left & right) and this fixed the problem. $400CAN later. Pain in the but it's fixed.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:17 PM

I really have not tried to hear it in 4x4. The steering seems fine. Truck rides great. It is in the garrage now till I get home. When I get back it's goin to the dealer. It'll stay there till they fix the dang thing. I'll put the teck in the truck and drive him around all day if I have to till he hears the sound. Anybody else hate going to the dealer for warrenty service? I think it's worse than going to buy a new one.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Put one of them in the truck and take it for a drive and do the... DO YOU HEAR IT!? All my friends looked at me crazy giving a NO in my old hunker. so who knows really
Old 04-24-2009, 03:14 AM

I found on another site guys with what sounds like the same problam. They had the IWE soleniod replaced and say that fixed the problam. I guess there was a old part number 6L3Z-9H465-B and a new 6L3Z-9E441-A, also a TSB for this problam. Does anbody have the TSB number? I colud not find it? Question since I took the truck to the dealer I have put a Airraid CAI on do ya think they will give me a hard time about warrenty when I take the truck back for the them to look at the soleniod?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:57 PM

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/2004-lariat-rattling-21901/

This EXACT problem JUST happened to me. It's probably your IWE solenoid. If you get water in it it could cause it to screw up and constantly go in and out of 4x4 without you knowing. The new piece they give you is relatively cheap I hear and comes with a plastic housing over it to protect it. Hope this helps! Keep us posted!

Quick Reply: 07 Front end Rattling