Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

07 f150 5.4 trans cooler line

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 f150 5.4 trans cooler line

So the line that runs from the rad to the trans cooler is rusted an has a whole. I ordered a new one from ford. Im wondering if the new line comes with the connector that screws into the bottom of the rad? Does that connector come off the old line
Old 07-31-2014, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't come with ine..I just had to do the same thing...mine snapped off inside fitting on the radiator..I got the fitting out..had to heat it up..but a parent ly melted something inside...now I can't find a replacement fitting
Old 07-31-2014, 08:44 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by oscrfsh
It doesn't come with ine..I just had to do the same thing...mine snapped off inside fitting on the radiator..I got the fitting out..had to heat it up..but a parent ly melted something inside...now I can't find a replacement fitting
Go to the dealer they may have one is stock for ya.

If they don't I have a few for spare.

BTW, normally the mechanics don't remove the fitting, they remove the line using a "magic" fuel line quick dis-connect tool.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Big-Bars
So the line that runs from the rad to the trans cooler is rusted an has a whole. I ordered a new one from ford. Im wondering if the new line comes with the connector that screws into the bottom of the rad? Does that connector come off the old line
No, the connector (fitting) does not come with the line. Try to remove the line from the connector (fitting, quick dis-connect) by using a special tool, this tool looks like a fuel quick dis-connect tool.

Shove the tool in between the line and the fitting. Then, pull the line out.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:52 PM

I tried the tool but the line just let go inside it was so rusted in there..so I took the fitting out of the radiator thinking I could work with it on a bench easier..it was impossible..I heated it up not realizing it was plastic inside that holds the line in...so now my fitting is useless..
Old 07-31-2014, 09:54 PM

I would love to buy a spare off u my truck has been down 3 weeks and I got a baby due in a week so I need her up and running...dealer will only sell the whole radiator..damn stealership

Originally Posted by Hongstertruck
Go to the dealer they may have one is stock for ya.

If they don't I have a few for spare.

BTW, normally the mechanics don't remove the fitting, they remove the line using a "magic" fuel line quick dis-connect tool.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 PM

I would love to buy a spare off u my truck has been down 3 weeks and I got a baby due in a week so I need her up and running...dealer will only sell the whole radiator..damn stealership
PM me with your address and I will send you one, unless you live in NY then come and pick it up.

Cheers!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:16 PM

I tried the tool but the line just let go inside it was so rusted in there..so I took the fitting out of the radiator thinking I could work with it on a bench easier..it was impossible..I heated it up not realizing it was plastic inside that holds the line in...so now my fitting is useless..
Oh! OK..What a bummer.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a brand new radiator I still need to pick up from the previous owner. I'll see if there is that line in it!

Quick Reply: 07 f150 5.4 trans cooler line