Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

06 leaking sliding rear window

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 03:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 06 leaking sliding rear window

tried searching and all I am finding is the third brake light issue or leaks on 03 or older trucks.
I replaced the third brake light, still leaking. I am pretty sure I narrowed it down to the bottom piece of flexible weather stripping that butts up against the bottom of the sliding rear glass . it seems loose and not up very tight against the glass and also is about 1/4 shorter than length of sliding window so leaves a gap where there is no weather stripping at all. looks like the water is getting down behind the weather stripping and into the bottom channel where glass sits (where the power motor cable sits)

I think all I need is that new piece of weather stripping, it pulls off easily to replace but I can not find the part. all I am finding is general weather stripping but this piece is very part specific as it fits in grooves so it needs to be the exact replacement. plus it has to exact fit so the window opens/closes correctly as there is little room for movement in that piece I need or it will get in place of the glass and prevent it from closing correctly.

anyone have any leaks in this area (bottom of sliding rear window)? thanks
Old 05-09-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 316 Likes on 228 Posts

See my post Rear window leak. There is a part number in it that Tasca Ford has. Easy fix.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by CKsBAT
See my post Rear window leak. There is a part number in it that Tasca Ford has. Easy fix.
thank you sooo much!
Old 05-09-2015, 07:42 PM

Hi, looks like a 3 piece kit? assuming its the two vertical pieces and the bottom piece that surrounds only the slider window? on my orignal, the material is sort of like a fuzzy feel to it, or more like a spongy feel too it, at least on the vertical pieces and the bottom piece was more of a rubbery feel with like a peach fuzz texture. are these the pieces I will get with part number 6l3z-1542052? thanks again

Last edited by germanshepherd; 05-09-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:01 PM

Yes, and you will need to trim a little, but replace all 3. No more leaks for me.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:17 PM

Yes, and you will need to trim a little, but replace all 3. No more leaks for me.
thanks, ordering it now. when you said to use silicone in your post, are you referring to putting silicone on the part of new pieces that fits in the groove? that is the only place I can imagine where silicone would go.
my current pieces seem to just pull away with little effort. I can see how the silicone will help keep them in place.
sorry for so many questions, just want to get it right the first time. thanks
Old 05-10-2015, 08:44 AM

Yes, the silicone is to just hold it in place. Use very little or it will ooze out. They are a PITA to get on right, but it fixed my issue.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:40 PM

Default thanks

Yes, the silicone is to just hold it in place. Use very little or it will ooze out. They are a PITA to get on right, but it fixed my issue.
thanks.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:47 PM

CK, sent you a PM. had another question. thanks
Old 05-18-2015, 01:01 PM

well the part came today and I dont thing its the right thing. according the the part # it is 6L3Z-1542052-A but I got 4 pieces instead of 3 as shown in photo and they are all the felt type material. the only felt piece on my original is the bottom strip, the two sides are more like a neoprene spongy type material, not felt.
Do you remember how many pieces you received and if they were all felt material, like a velour? not sure what the 4th piece is for and the side felt pieces do not look like they will work, totally different than the original pieces.
getting discouraged.

Quick Reply: 06 leaking sliding rear window