Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

06 F150 vaccuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 F150 vaccuum lines

Pulled a seized 5.4L from this truck (extra cab, 2wd, auto) and put another 5.4 back in it. Theres a single black plastic vaccuum line that comes from the back of the intake manifold that has a 2 single plugs and a double plug splitting off of it. This all leads toward the front of the engine on pass. side, but.......I missed this when pulling the old engine. Now I need to know where they should plug in. Anyone who knows, has pics, links, or whatever would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jake
Old 01-04-2010, 08:23 PM

If its what I think it is, I think one of these goes to the brake booster. You can get pics if you search "sea foam".
Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by FX4Nick
If its what I think it is, I think one of these goes to the brake booster. You can get pics if you search "sea foam".
A seperate line goes to the booster....this is a little 1/8" or so line that goes to a few different things.
I use Sea Foam.......but I'm not sure how that helps in this situation.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:41 PM

Anyone have a real idea on this? 2 lines come off the back of the intake manifold.......one is the bigger one that goes to the booster alone. The other is a small plastic line that has 2 single plugs coming off it, and a double plug. They basically reach from the back to the front of the engine, and weren't visible until after they were pulled from where they plug in as the old engine was being pulled. Have no idea where they go and after searching the whole engine compartment numerous times, I've still seen no where for them to plug into. Have the big tear-down book for 04-06 F150's, and it says nothing of the vaccuum other than the line to the brake booster.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:36 PM

redneckjake,
I know SeaFoam isn't what your was asking for here. But I have found at least one post when searching SeaFoam that had pics of the brake boost and vac line.

Any chance your talking about the line that goes to the air intake (above the stock filter)?
Old 01-05-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by FX4Nick
redneckjake,
I know SeaFoam isn't what your was asking for here. But I have found at least one post when searching SeaFoam that had pics of the brake boost and vac line.

Any chance your talking about the line that goes to the air intake (above the stock filter)?
Ahh......I see now. Wasn't sure why you brought up sea foam, but I searched just to see, and didn't find anything. I'll look a little closer and see what's there, though. So far, in every picture I've seen, this line isn't visible. Everything is plugged into the air intake...even took it all back off just to see if I was looking over something. Only thing keeping this truck from being done is plugging this line onto something, and the arrival a new motor mount tomorrow. Liquid filled motor mounts on the '06...$125. Normal rubber mounts for 05 and older....$30. Shoulda made sure the old mount didn't rip in half when pulling the old engine.....
Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 PM

You said 2wd right?.......I am almost positive that vacuum lines you are taking about are for 4x4 system. As 4x4 trucks uses engine vacuum to engage/disengage the front hubs...in which you don't have as you are 2wd
Old 01-06-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ford Fx4
You said 2wd right?.......I am almost positive that vacuum lines you are taking about are for 4x4 system. As 4x4 trucks uses engine vacuum to engage/disengage the front hubs...in which you don't have as you are 2wd
Hmm.......so should it just be capped? I hadn't thought about that....but this engine did come out of a 04 4x4.....

I feel stupid now....I knew the hubs were vaccuum actuated on 4x4......should have put 2 and 2 together.

Quick Reply: 06 F150 vaccuum lines