Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

06 F-150 PCM Problem or What

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 F-150 PCM Problem or What

The ford dealer has had my truck 3 and a half weeks and they dont know whats wroung i suggested the PCM cause they changed out everything that isnt under warrenty and it still isnt fixed, First it was cylinder 5 and 6 missing, so they changed all spark plugs and the coils for 5 and 6, then replaced the converter, and the cam phasers and sensors. They said it was fixed so i drove 560 miles to go pick it up in AL i live in IL, i got 10 miles put it in park and it started idelling really bad and eventually died out but starts up no problem and runs fine if you keep your foot on the gas, well its back at the dealer. Does anyone know of something else it could be other than the PCM? Thank You
Old 03-24-2010, 12:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just curious why you would drive over 500 miles for a dealer? Some good dealerships here int he Chicago area. I would take it to a different dealer since they cannot diagnose your problem.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:52 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

You didn't pay for them to replace the cam phasers, did you?

Have they checked compression and the injectors in 5&6?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 PM

Default it broke down in AL

Originally Posted by kevhead75
Just curious why you would drive over 500 miles for a dealer? Some good dealerships here int he Chicago area. I would take it to a different dealer since they cannot diagnose your problem.
It broke down there other wise i would bring it to 1 of the 3 mechanics i know one is BMW certified, one a Ford, and one a Deisel mech.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

I know this doesn't answer your question, but at the rate the present dealer is replacing parts, you'll have a new short block installed before long.

This has to be the record so far as to how many parts a dealer has tossed at a problem with no fix yet....

You said they've replaced everything that "isn't covered under warrantee"... what has your wallet paid so far???
Old 03-24-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by GATORB8
You didn't pay for them to replace the cam phasers, did you?

Have they checked compression and the injectors in 5&6?
Yes i payed for them, should i not have? well on this last Sat i drove ther cause they said it was fixed well it wasnt, but they had the mech come in and test it he check oil pressure, timing chain, and and bunch of othere stuff and he couldnt find it, i wasnt the one who dropped it off my brother was using it, but the mech said this is the way it came in, so he hadnt fixed anything other then the converter wich was under warrenty.
I appreciate your time, thank you
Old 03-24-2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
I know this doesn't answer your question, but at the rate the present dealer is replacing parts, you'll have a new short block installed before long.

This has to be the record so far as to how many parts a dealer has tossed at a problem with no fix yet....

You said they've replaced everything that "isn't covered under warrantee"... what has your wallet paid so far???
1800$ not including the trip down there to pick it up when they said it was fixed, i could drop an engine in it for that much and there still not done.
"If you give someone your catch of fish one day they have food for that day, if you teach them how to fish they have food for life."
Old 03-24-2010, 01:28 PM

The cam phasers had issues on the 04-05, and there is a related TSB about ticking noises, but I can't see the phasers doing anything with just two cylinders. Replacing the phasers is at least a 3-5 hour job, this must be racking up on you.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:29 PM

Ask what codes it is throwing. I can give you the diagnostic procedures based off of that.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bummer that it broke out of town like that. I would be bitching about all the money you spent and they still haven't solved the problem. I would be leaning towards an injector if they have verified the electrical part is working (sparl plugs and coils). Did they check compression on the bad cylinders?

Quick Reply: 06 F-150 PCM Problem or What