Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

'06 4.6 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 4.6 Exhaust

Not sure exactly what I want to do. I do know I want the Flowmaster Super 44. Not sure if I want dual or not. Not sure what kind of tips. I don't want to spend a lot on the tips. I plan on ordering everything off of AutoAnything.com

Advice please.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site!! To be honest I would go with the 40 series over the 44's if I were you. I've heard negative things about the 44's being to loud in the cab but if that's what you want then go for it.

I'm 100% satisfied with my 40 series!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Triton v8
Welcome to the site!! To be honest I would go with the 40 series over the 44's if I were you. I've heard negative things about the 44's being to loud in the cab but if that's what you want then go for it.

I'm 100% satisfied with my 40 series!!!
I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the 44's.

But I'm looking more for advice on the tips. I don't want to spend so much on the tips. More in the 40-50 range than the 70-80 range. I have 22' chrome wheels and will be getting a chrome grille and chrome handles, so I want a chrome tip. I don't know a whole lot about performance, so I don't know how much the tips effect that.

Also, is going dual worth the money? Or should I just go with the single exit? I'm leaning towards the single exit, dual will probably be too loud.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ♥ILuvMyGirlfriend♥
I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the 44's.

But I'm looking more for advice on the tips. I don't want to spend so much on the tips. More in the 40-50 range than the 70-80 range. I have 22' chrome wheels and will be getting a chrome grille and chrome handles, so I want a chrome tip. I don't know a whole lot about performance, so I don't know how much the tips effect that.

Also, is going dual worth the money? Or should I just go with the single exit? I'm leaning towards the single exit, dual will probably be too loud.
No chrome....stainless. The chrome will look like garbage real quick
Old 11-20-2008, 09:42 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^X2. Go with the stainless steel tips because like he said, the chrome will rust over time. I spent $125 for each of my stainless steel tips but they'll last forever and never rust. Go ahead and spend a little extra money and do it the right way instead of replacing the chrome tips once every few years.

And duals doesn't make it louder. You're already going with an off-road muffler so obviously you're not concerned with how loud it's going to be.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:06 AM

Would this be a good tip to go with? http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...A2503A0A0.aspx

Would it look good with all of the chrome elsewhere on the truck?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peronally I would go with a longer tip, in my opinion, nothing looks sillier on a truck than being able to see the brownish color of the stock pipe with a little chrome tip thrown on the end. If you stick with a si/so I would go with an 18 inch tip. Or have it come out in front of your rear tire and they have those tips that look like double pipes coming out but its a single exhaust.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by JohnD
Peronally I would go with a longer tip, in my opinion, nothing looks sillier on a truck than being able to see the brownish color of the stock pipe with a little chrome tip thrown on the end. If you stick with a si/so I would go with an 18 inch tip. Or have it come out in front of your rear tire and they have those tips that look like double pipes coming out but its a single exhaust.
Almost all of the tips I see on that site are 12 inch.

Are you saying that if I were to go with a 12 inch it would be best to have it come out underneath the backseat?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its just my opinion that if you can see the stock pipes that tips look bad stuck on the end. there are numerous ways to go about it, you can always get a si/do and have them come straight out the back or turned at 45 degree angles both of which will not show the pipes, only the tips. if youre set on going with a si/so i would go with a longer tip or yeah have a side exit which can be in front of or behind the back tire. If you go in front of the back tire it hides the pipe better. look at the tips on magnaflows website, they have 18 inch tips and tips that are for single exhaust but look like duals.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:04 PM

1. I plan on buying the parts off of the internet...because it's cheaper. Do all I need to buy are the tip and the Super 44?

2. How much will it cost to have it installed at a shop?

3. How long will it take?

4. I need help making sure the sizes are right.

Quick Reply: '06 4.6 Exhaust