Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

05 Supercrew Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 05 Supercrew Leveling Kit

I am thinking of installing a leveling kit on the front end of my F150, 4WD. Are there any longer term negative affects I should consider (i.e., handling, performance, joints). I normally drive at highway speeds and when offroad have a camper (1,000 lbs) and a trailer (light).
Old 01-09-2009, 10:03 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by burnman
I am thinking of installing a leveling kit on the front end of my F150, 4WD. Are there any longer term negative affects I should consider (i.e., handling, performance, joints). I normally drive at highway speeds and when offroad have a camper (1,000 lbs) and a trailer (light).
I've been having a 2 1/2" leveling kit on for 3 1/2 yrs. and about 40k miles with no problems. A slight difference in front end handling at first but no big deal. Feel's like the front end is lighter. Original ball joint's on my truck also, in fact my front end track's better than it did stock. No pulling to the right anymore like it did from the factory, even with the larger tires I have on it now. Best thing I have done to my truck was leveling it and adding wheel's and tires. Tires I have on now have been on over 3 yrs. and 32k miles and still look new!
Old 01-11-2009, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default That's what I needed to hear...

Thank you for the info on the leveling kit and your experience. I was concerned on long term wear to the power train and ball joints but it seems like you have not had any problems. Do you do any off highway/pavement type driving? I spend some time on logging roads that are washboarded and was hoping the suspension wouldn't be to different. Thanks again
Old 01-11-2009, 03:43 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

I do mostly highway driving because since I moved last March I've been driving right under a hundred miles a day round trip to work. It's worth it though to live out in the country. I go out to job sites once in awhile and do a little offroading around the house and in the sand close to the Gulf at our camp in Grand Isle. I take it easy in the 4 wheel drive and never have had any problem's. Also the tires play an important part in the ride quality of these truck's. Good luck!

Quick Reply: 05 Supercrew Leveling Kit