Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

05 Lariat Stock auxiliary Cord help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Lariat Stock auxiliary Cord help!

The part of My aux cord that goes inside the headphone jack of your phone broke off inside that port and is stuck in my phone. Anyways I need to replace it the entire aux cord, when I bought the truck it was ran through my center console an comes out in the storage compartment within the center console. I'm assuming that was a stock cord even though it says "radio shack" on the cord. To change it do I need to unscrew the entire console or what? It would help to see some pictures if you guys have done it before. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no, the part with the cup holders comes off easy, idk exactly whats going on with the wiring but just push up on the cup holder side and it should pop out no problem. make sure your compartment is opened up. once you take off the cup holder go from there
Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you'll most likely have to take off the trim containing you climate control, radio, etc as well. that pops off too. its in there tight but just pry t away from your dashboard with your fingers. you'll think your breaking it, but 99% chance your not. look up a video on how to do it if your sketched out

Quick Reply: 05 Lariat Stock auxiliary Cord help!