Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

05 5.4 turn signal issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 5.4 turn signal issues

First off, I'm a newb here and wanted to say a general "thank you" to everyone. Multiple times I've searched the forums and been able to fix minor problems on my truck. Couldn't find anything on my current situation so here we go.
I've got an 05 5.4. When I use the turn signal, either direction, I am blinking as if I have my hazards on. Brake lights, signals, 3rd brake light, everything. As soon as I touch the breaks all the lights go solid and stay that way till I release brakes then go back to flashing. Initial thought was multifunction switch but after pricing those I thought I'd ask for help. So here I am needing advice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward7
First off, I'm a newb here and wanted to say a general "thank you" to everyone. Multiple times I've searched the forums and been able to fix minor problems on my truck. Couldn't find anything on my current situation so here we go.
I've got an 05 5.4. When I use the turn signal, either direction, I am blinking as if I have my hazards on. Brake lights, signals, 3rd brake light, everything. As soon as I touch the breaks all the lights go solid and stay that way till I release brakes then go back to flashing. Initial thought was multifunction switch but after pricing those I thought I'd ask for help. So here I am needing advice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like you have a wiring issue to me, there's probably wires rubbing through each other somewhere I'd check behind each tail light for obvious corrosion or rubbing.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:34 AM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

Its most likely a faulty turn signal switch. The brake circuit goes through it.

Quick Reply: 05 5.4 turn signal issues