Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

04 Supercrew sub and amp questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Supercrew sub and amp questions

Hey everyone, im new here so if this is not the right place to post this then just let me know!
I got an 04 f150 supercrew and as you all know its a bi*ch to fit subs and amps in there. I already have a 4 channel amp (under my back seat right now) running my Alpine speakers in front and back doors I have a kenwood excelon ddx7015 (touch screen dvd player 6.5" screen) if that matters.
I found a custom box that fits 2 downfiring 12" subs under the back seats. I need to get another amp to run the two kicker subs that I am going to put in there (yes it is going to rock). I have heard about taking the back seat off and mounting the amp back there or under the passenger seat. Now that I will have two amps I am wondering where I will have room to mount them? if you guys have a similar system or some suggestions on where to fit both amps, I would appreciate it. Thanks guys!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the same delima with just one 10. I built a custom box, but its really to small.. I don't see why you can't mount the amps under the front seats, or to the floorboard in front of the back seat and put a custom cover over them if ppl are going to ride back there.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i have an 07 screw. i have one amp under the rear seat and one behind the rear seat. there is plenty of room behind the rear seat to mount multiple amps.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can remove the back of the rear seat and fit two amps back there. If you have a power sliding rear glass, it is a tight fit. If there is no sliding glass, it is no problem at all to fit several large amps, crossovers, and sat radio back there. The first time or two you remove the back, you will cuss a lot, but it gets easier every time. Here is a link on how to remove things

http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...2008_F150.html

Quick Reply: 04 Supercrew sub and amp questions