Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

04 Lariat Extended Cab power window issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Lariat Extended Cab power window issues

Hey guys, I've been having some issues recently with my power windows in my truck. It seems that every so often my windows decide they don't want to work, either they won't go down or get stuck down and won't go up. The only way I've noticed that I can fix it is if I slam my door before pushing the switches, although this doesn't seem to work all the time. Also, the switches on my driver side control panel don't work when the door is open, even if the truck is running. I'm not exactly an expert in car electronics (motorcycles are more of my thing ) but I hope I can figure it out. Anybody have a similar problem and or know what to do?

Cheers!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Same problem in my 04 screw .. Subd
Old 07-03-2015, 01:48 AM
Sheep Dog

Received 327 Likes on 196 Posts

I had some power window problems on my 05 SCrew. The large black ground wire to the driver door switch was broken. This caused all the windows to stop working and the switch lights would dim if I tried to use any window. I ran a new ground wire.

My passenger front door window quit working unless I would slam the door or open it. It ended up being the window switch in that door. I could not work the window from the driver door master switch either. Replaced it and no more problems.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by VTX1800N1
I had some power window problems on my 05 SCrew. The large black ground wire to the driver door switch was broken. This caused all the windows to stop working and the switch lights would dim if I tried to use any window. I ran a new ground wire.

My passenger front door window quit working unless I would slam the door or open it. It ended up being the window switch in that door. I could not work the window from the driver door master switch either. Replaced it and no more problems.
Did you replace the master switch or the passenger switch? In my truck it's all or nothing, all of the windows work or none work.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Sheep Dog

Originally Posted by jwatso24
Did you replace the master switch or the passenger switch? In my truck it's all or nothing, all of the windows work or none work.
At night, turn your headlights on so that the window switch lights also come on. Do the switch lights dim or go out when you try to use the windows (any window)? If so, your main ground wire to the master switch in the driver door is broken. You will have to repair or replace the ground wire. That's what happened to me when none of the windows would work. I think the door open sound also went off every time I tried to use the window when it wasn't working, IIRC.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by VTX1800N1
At night, turn your headlights on so that the window switch lights also come on. Do the switch lights dim or go out when you try to use the windows (any window)? If so, your main ground wire to the master switch in the driver door is broken. You will have to repair or replace the ground wire. That's what happened to me when none of the windows would work. I think the door open sound also went off every time I tried to use the window when it wasn't working, IIRC.

No, the lights stay on when the windows work. I noticed the lights are out when the windows won't work though. I'm guessing there is an issue with the switch then?
Old 07-05-2015, 01:19 AM
Sheep Dog

Default 04 Lariat Extended Cab power window issues

Originally Posted by jwatso24
No, the lights stay on when the windows work. I noticed the lights are out when the windows won't work though. I'm guessing there is an issue with the switch then?
It's probably the main power wire to the master switch in the driver door.

Quick Reply: 04 Lariat Extended Cab power window issues