Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

04 Lariat, check engine light issue.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Lariat, check engine light issue.

Well I've had the truck just over 2 weeks now. already had the drive motor replaced on the transfer case. and the two fron hubs for the 4 wheel drive. all at the cost of the dealer ship. that all works fine now.

Today I got a check engine light after filling the truck up with 87 octane. The CEL was for a knock sensor code. after about 15 miles on the new tank of gas. Had advance turn the light off to see if it comes back on. Could this just be a bad gas issue, or bad sensor?

Thanks
Corey
Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

First time you've used this gas station? Are you in the "wintery" north? Perhaps you got alot of condinsation (water) when you filled up.

Did the engine "knock" when you drove it?

If the code comes back, I'd consider removing that gas and refilling at a different station.

And report it to the gas station.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
First time you've used this gas station? Are you in the "wintery" north? Perhaps you got alot of condinsation (water) when you filled up.

Did the engine "knock" when you drove it?

If the code comes back, I'd consider removing that gas and refilling at a different station.

And report it to the gas station.
I've got gas there before, I live in WV so yep I live in the north. I never heard the engine knock.

Quick Reply: 04 Lariat, check engine light issue.