Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

04 Horn went off on it's own... not the alarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 04 Horn went off on it's own... not the alarm

So this morning I was awakened by a horn blaring outside my apartment. After a few minutes I decided to investigate and found that it was MY truck that was going off. It wasn't the alarm, the horn was constant, as if someone was holding it down, no lights flashing or anything, just constant horn. Unlocked and locked with the fob, everything seemed perfectly fine aside from the horn blasting away. I disconnected the battery and searched for the problem, I found nothing obvious, re-connected the battery and the horn came on immediatly, so I disconnected the connection at the horn, tighteded down the battery and drove to Autozone to pick up a manual. Apparently there is no Horn relay, or dedicated fuze in this truck??? I re-connected the horn at Autozone to see if it was going to happen again, expecting it to, but it didn't, and hasn't again all day. The thing was going off for at least 20 minutes this morning until I disconnected it. I brought it to my local electrical expert and he spent 4 hours looking for a fray, short, loose connection, burned or bad connection, and the only thing he found was that my Edge Programmer's cable was just barely loose. This is the most confusing thing I've ever seen on a truck... Any thoughts??
Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 PM

Default 08 Horn problem!!

I had the same problem but it happened at work, and it went off for about the same time and a friend of mine called and said my horn was going off, I tried to hit the panic button on the remote and finally hit the steering wheel and it stopped. The prior weekend it happened while i was driving, just started blarring, I tapped the steering wheel again and it stopped. I got home and pulled the fuse which was fuse/relay F26. I took it to the dealership and they could not find anything wrong so they replaced the fuse and the next day it happened again so i have no more ideas. I pulled the fuse again and I have no horn. This is the first post I have seen like this, so I am not the only one! I just installed an Edge Evo programmer after my first incident while driving, so don't know if there is a connection??
Old 03-03-2010, 11:07 PM
blue blood

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it going on and off bad keyless module stays on solid clock spring.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:13 AM

It only happened the one time, hasn't happened again. Thinking it was just a strange fluke at this point. Unfortunatly now I'm having issues with my transmission, kindof wish the horn was still messed up instead lol

Quick Reply: 04 Horn went off on it's own... not the alarm