Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

04 F150 Airbag Light on Dash

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 04 F150 Airbag Light on Dash

I have a new (to me) 04 F150 XLT w/ the 5.4L.

Just recently it's started flashing the orange airbag warning light on the dash.
There really doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to it, although I have noticed once or twice that it flashed in a pattern of 2 flashes for about 10 times, and then stayed on.

Now it really just seems to stay on solid intermittently.

Any ideas of what to check?

Also, for the passenger airbag disable light above the CD player..
Is there no manual shutoff for it? I've noticed that if nobody is sitting in the passenger seat the disable light will be off. If I put my backpack on the seat (with my laptop and stuff, pretty heavy), the disable light comes on. If somebody is sitting in the seat, the disable light is off.

So does it work all based on the weight of whatever is in the seat?

Thanks,

Evan
Old 05-13-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're air bag light is probably the crash sensor in front of the radiator. ( its mounted on the center support that goes vertically in front with the latch at the top, about half way up there is a sensor with the connector on the bottom side ) 9 out of ten times its that on a new f series..

On you're pass seat there is actually a passenger detector in the seat pad that detects when someone is in it, no manual shutoff anymore
Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the reply. What should I check on the front crash sensor?
Check the plug? Or does the module itself go bad and need to be replaced?
The truck hasn't been in accident or anything, the front end is straight and clean.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On some the pins corrode from the connector being upside down and collecting water.. others seem to be just bad sensors
Old 07-13-2015, 11:37 AM

What was the solution to your error? Was it the plug in front of the radiator? did you have to replace the plug?
Old 12-22-2018, 10:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you get it fixed? Mine is throwing a 33 code. I was told that on a 04 the issue is the drivers side retract-or. Others have said it is on the passenger side. I have looked around and cannot get any answer as to witch one it is and how to check it. I pulled the drivers seat out and could not see any issues. Any help? I tried AllData and they have nothing and their help line says they only have what the Ford manual has. I can't be-leave that the Ford manual they say they get their answers from does not say what the 33 airbag code is.
Thanks

Quick Reply: 04 F150 Airbag Light on Dash