Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worried about the V8's Future in F-150's.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worried about the V8's Future in F-150's.

I am planning on buying a new F-150 in about 6 months to a year. Preferably I am trying to hold out and see what Ford is going to do with engines. When I look up 2011+ F-150 engines the main thing I see is Ecoboost. And those do look promising. But I'm more of a traditionalist I guess you could say. I would much prefer to have a N/A V8 powered F-150 over a Turbo V6 F-150, even if it cost me a little extra at the pump. My dream truck right now is a 2011+ F-150 FX4 (ext cab) with a 5.0L or 6.2L V8 (which ever if either makes it to mainstream F-150s). Which brings me to the point that I have heard of a few rumors that Ford is testing out the 5.0L V8 in all models of F-150 from XL all the way to Platinum. This is very good news for me. But I am still worried because the big talk seems to be the Ecoboost V6's. I am getting worried that Ford is gonna try and phase V8's out of the 1/2 ton trucks period. I keep hearing the EB V6 referred to as a (Premium) engine, And that to me at least sounds like Ford intends this to be the top dog engine.

I think Ford would be making a terrible mistake if they completely phased V8's out of everything except the Mustangs and Superdutys. The F-150's has always been offered with a V8 and I believe that with the Technology we have today V8's can be made to get reasonable fuel economy. And I know that I'm not the only person who would at least like the option to get a V8 of some flavor if possible. Anyways if anyone has any information or anything I am open for discussion.

I have heard that GM has started work on new Gen V Small Block V8's for its car and truck line. These will use Aluminum Blocks and Direct Injection. This is the direction I want to see Ford headed. And I am hoping that if anything the update of V8's for GM will make Ford keep/update their V8' engine option.

Also does anyone know anything about the 6.2L? Is it going to be in any model of F-150 other than Raptor and other high end models?

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fordman1988
I am planning on buying a new F-150 in about 6 months to a year. Preferably I am trying to hold out and see what Ford is going to do with engines. When I look up 2011+ F-150 engines the main thing I see is Ecoboost. And those do look promising. But I'm more of a traditionalist I guess you could say. I would much prefer to have a N/A V8 powered F-150 over a Turbo V6 F-150, even if it cost me a little extra at the pump. My dream truck right now is a 2011+ F-150 FX4 (ext cab) with a 5.0L or 6.2L V8 (which ever if either makes it to mainstream F-150s). Which brings me to the point that I have heard of a few rumors that Ford is testing out the 5.0L V8 in all models of F-150 from XL all the way to Platinum. This is very good news for me. But I am still worried because the big talk seems to be the Ecoboost V6's. I am getting worried that Ford is gonna try and phase V8's out of the 1/2 ton trucks period. I keep hearing the EB V6 referred to as a (Premium) engine, And that to me at least sounds like Ford intends this to be the top dog engine.

I think Ford would be making a terrible mistake if they completely phased V8's out of everything except the Mustangs and Superdutys. The F-150's has always been offered with a V8 and I believe that with the Technology we have today V8's can be made to get reasonable fuel economy. And I know that I'm not the only person who would at least like the option to get a V8 of some flavor if possible. Anyways if anyone has any information or anything I am open for discussion.

I have heard that GM has started work on new Gen V Small Block V8's for its car and truck line. These will use Aluminum Blocks and Direct Injection. This is the direction I want to see Ford headed. And I am hoping that if anything the update of V8's for GM will make Ford keep/update their V8' engine option.

Also does anyone know anything about the 6.2L? Is it going to be in any model of F-150 other than Raptor and other high end models?

Thanks for any help.

I work at a Ford dealership.
Here is what I know.....The Ecoboost will be standard in some lines,the 5.0 will be available in most lines and the 6.2 will be standard in the Raptor and optional on the Harley and King Ranch......i don't have further information than that.
Hope this helps
Old 06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢®

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah I have a hard time seeing them do completely away with V8's... they would loose way too many buyers...

they'll just keep updating the technology in the V8's to make them more powerfull, and make them more fuel efficient at the same time
Old 06-24-2010, 03:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Buy the V-8's while you can boys. Not to get political but the Obama CAFE standards if he get a second term to see them through are going to kill the light truck. I admit I'm a little paranoid but I forsee the day when you wount be "authorized" to purchase and operate a truck unless you can show a vailid "need" to the government.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Aggie*86
Buy the V-8's while you can boys. Not to get political but the Obama CAFE standards if he get a second term to see them through are going to kill the light truck. I admit I'm a little paranoid but I forsee the day when you wount be "authorized" to purchase and operate a truck unless you can show a vailid "need" to the government.

Here is how I feel about the great messiah of failure
Attached Images     
Old 06-24-2010, 04:01 PM
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢®

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts

I love it

and not to turn this into a political thread or anything, but I have a VERY hard time seeing Obama Bin Laden serving a second term considering how his approval rate has plummeted...

my god... but wait, what if he does? the world may really end in 2012!

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 06-24-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by djquik1
Here is how I feel about the great messiah of failure
right click, save picture as. I love it
Old 06-24-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by djquik1
I work at a Ford dealership.
Here is what I know.....The Ecoboost will be standard in some lines,the 5.0 will be available in most lines and the 6.2 will be standard in the Raptor and optional on the Harley and King Ranch......i don't have further information than that.
Hope this helps
djquik1: Is that for 2011 models? I am going to buy a Lariat SuperCrew, and if the 5.0 is going to be available this Fall, I want to wait.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Worried about the V8's Future in F-150's.