Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring schematics

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 02:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wiring schematics

So, I had too much confidence in My F150 Tremor when it comes to driving through flooded streets. I had about 2" of water in the cab for a few minutes. I got out of the area and drove 20 miles home and immediately removed the carpet and wet vacuumed everything in the cab. the truck ran perfect and runs good now with the new carpet. Only thing is that the right front speaker and the tweeter are on and off with the bumps and corners in the road.

I did spray some electrical cleaner in the plugs that were easily accessible and then blew them out with air. Before chasing wires up through the dash, I'm hoping someone has a schematic for the plugs and wiring in the passenger side kick panel. Thanks
Old 11-06-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by CMC974
So, I had too much confidence in My F150 Tremor when it comes to driving through flooded streets. I had about 2" of water in the cab for a few minutes. I got out of the area and drove 20 miles home and immediately removed the carpet and wet vacuumed everything in the cab. the truck ran perfect and runs good now with the new carpet. Only thing is that the right front speaker and the tweeter are on and off with the bumps and corners in the road.

I did spray some electrical cleaner in the plugs that were easily accessible and then blew them out with air. Before chasing wires up through the dash, I'm hoping someone has a schematic for the plugs and wiring in the passenger side kick panel. Thanks
Mine does that also, these speakers are known to have problems, might want to look into having the speaker/harness replaced through warranty
Old 11-06-2015, 11:40 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by kidastra
Mine does that also, these speakers are known to have problems, might want to look into having the speaker/harness replaced through warranty
The plugs are in the door and are notorious for being corroded. I used dielectric grease when I installed my new speakers.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:22 AM

Mine is a lease, and chances are ford will figure out a way to charge me for the speaker if I mention it during servicing.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:55 PM

After checking with some better light, I found corrosion in the bottom plug of the body control module. I should've gotten to it sooner and cleaned it out when I was removing the carpet. I didn't think the water got that deep. I ordered a new one and will get it in tomorrow. I hope the damage didn't in some way cause some type of short to the speakers and ruin them. Although the speakers sound like crap anyway. I should probably upgrade.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:47 PM

Damn, I would have never guessed
Old 11-19-2015, 05:09 PM

So I picked up the new module only to find out that I had to get it re-flashed to my vin. $200 for the module and $120 labor after I swapped the part in the dealer parking lot. $100 for a new key because there has to be atleast 2 keys present to program the module. And, I still had the problem with the speakers. The only plus is that one of my keys didn't operate the remote start. Now I have 2 working keys.

Dumb *** move on my part to buy the module and replace it before taking the door panel off. When removing the door panel, I saw the plug broken off the speaker and hanging loosely where it could move around and ground out. I found tucked wires that were cut from a amp and sub when I pulled the carpet. Maybe the door speakers were switched back to stock and the plug broken while removing the other stereo upgrades before I bought the truck.

Made me think of slingblade when Carl simply asked if there was gas in the mower that wouldn't start.

Last edited by CMC974; 11-19-2015 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Left something out.

Quick Reply: Wiring schematics