Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

winter TPMS wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 12:48 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default winter TPMS wheels

2013 Lariat screw

Last winter i bought some black stealies from Tirerack with General Grabbers and TPMS sensors. When i put them on the first time i of course had to program the new sensors to the truck. When i put the stock wheels back on in the spring time, i had to retrain the truck back to those wheels as the little idiot light came on after the transfer. I did both of these switch overs at a shop that had the proper little handheld device. Last week i had to put the winter wheels back on in the driveway. I didn't have the little tool and just figured i would put up with the light till my next oil change. To my surprise, the light didn't come on. While the truck didn't remember the stock wheels after the winter switch last winter, the truck did remember the winter wheels when i did this switch. Does the truck store multiple sets? Did i do something right with the winter wheels for the truck to remember or something wrong for the truck to forget the stock wheels?
Old 11-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Ford Fanatic

Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

I am not going to be much help, but I am posting anyways lol, but when I got new wheels I had oem tpms sensors installed. I have the programing tool and put the truck in training mode, but the the tool wouldn't read or work. Tried the relearning procedure in the manual which you air each tire down for 10 secs after driving for a couple of minutes. Well long story short, never got any of the steps to work and gave up. Have over 500 miles on them and still no tpms light. So I say if you have no warning light then leave it be and deal with it if it decides to come on, but I don't think it will.

Quick Reply: winter TPMS wheels