Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wiper Wiring - Automatic Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Windshield Wiper Wiring - Automatic Wipers

I was looking at the Rain Tracker Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers, RT-50A, for some time now so my wife got me them for Christmas.

http://www.raintracker.com/

I have read the instructions and everything makes sense to me, but I would rather go into this with specifics if I can. The compatibility chart on the Rain Tracker webpage does not include specific directions/diagrams/schematics for the 2010 F150, it only goes to 2007. They do have a write-up for the 2009 SuperDuty, but again, not sure if it’s the same.

http://www.raintracker.com/compatibility/ford.htm

I am extremely comfortable and confident in my skill level when it comes to vehicle wiring, but I am trying to find the specific schematic for the 2010 F-150 Windshield Wiper switch/motor. Tech/repair manuals don't seem to be out yet for the 2010 F-150, or I would have just looked there.

Does anyone have access to the wiper switch/motor schematic for my specific year/make/model?

Thanks,
Jon
Old 12-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Just another member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

What did the raintracker folks tell you when you contacted them?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by johnwill
What did the raintracker folks tell you when you contacted them?

Thanks
I didn't contact them because they specifically requested to not inquire about schematics and general install questions. I understand that request and respect it... too many vehicles to have every schematic!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Just another member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Well that's not a very good business model is it? We will sell you stuff, take your money, but please do not ask us about how to install in YOUR specific car. After all, we cannot have instructions and or phone support for very car! But, we can take your money for every car. Laughing out loud.

Anyways, the wiring diagrams for 2010 are out and available for sometime now, in the Ford Workshop Manual, but there are no Chilton's or the other one if that is what you are looking for.

Send a pm with e-mail address and I can send two shots I just took from wiring manual. From 2009 but 2010 is the same. I would upload to here but they limit size of image and you will want the full size.

Thanks

Last edited by johnwill; 12-29-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by johnwill
Well that's not a very good business model is it? We will sell you stuff, take your money, but please do not ask us about how to install in YOUR specific car. After all, we cannot have instructions and or phone support for very car! But, we can take your money for every car. Laughing out loud.

Anyways, the wiring diagrams for 2010 are out and available for sometime now, in the Ford Workshop Manual, but there are no Chilton's or the other one if that is what you are looking for.

Send a pm with e-mail address and I can send two shots I just took from wiring manual. From 2009 but 2010 is the same. I would upload to here but they limit size of image and you will want the full size.

Thanks
Ya, I wasn't too impressed with that practice, but what are you going to do? I couldn't seem to find a better product or comparison. It was worth the shot I guess.

Thanks for helping out!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:27 AM

Default Got 'em

Thanks, John for the pictures. I believe these will prove very beneficial when I tear into this!

Much appreciated!
Jon
Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Ford Tech

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did you pay for your auto wiper setup? Has anyone tried to add the factory set-up? It appears all you need is a new motor, bracket, brain and cover. I am going to look and see if the wiring is already there. Retail the ford parts are about $330.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fordtechman
what did you pay for your auto wiper setup? Has anyone tried to add the factory set-up? It appears all you need is a new motor, bracket, brain and cover. I am going to look and see if the wiring is already there. Retail the ford parts are about $330.
I paid $90 and it seems to work fine! Haven't had any rain yet, but I went through a carwash!

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Wiring - Automatic Wipers