Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window rattles in both front windows now - Video Clip

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 06:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Window rattles in both front windows now - Video Clip

Hey all,

My '12 has developed a very annoying rattle in what seems to be the window area on both driver and passenger front doors. Pushing on the glass does not stop it. If it touch the glass lightly, I do not feel any vibrations that correspond to the rattle, either. If I roll the window down slightly, the rattle seems to stop, but it might just be because the window noise with the window rolled down a little drowns out the sound of the rattle. It seems to only occur at 40mph and above. Going over bumps doesn't cause any rattle. The rattle will start and be fairly constant for 5 or 10 minutes and then vanish for a while, then come right back. Seems to also depend on the wind, as the passenger side was rattling for awhile today, then I turned onto a new road in another direction and the passenger stopped rattling, but the driver side started. Video below.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Unofficial Glass Guru

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

I doubt it's the window and most probably something in the door panel loose
Old 04-24-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Get some duct tape and start taping things on the body like the plastic panels under the wiper arms, side mirrors, etc. See if you can pinpoint it that way.

Had a similar issue years ago and it wound up being windshield trim vibrating at certain speeds on a Lincoln Towncar.

I know there is really no window trim on our trucks but do the above one at a time, you might be surprised what you find.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by nickstl77
...My '12 has developed a very annoying rattle in what seems to be the window area on both driver and passenger front doors...
Hi nickstl77,

If the DIY approach doesn't work out, you can always get this in front of your dealership for diagnosis. Shoot me a PM after you get a diagnosis and I'll see what I can do to help; just be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership when you write.

Crystal

Quick Reply: Window rattles in both front windows now - Video Clip