Window rattles in both front windows now - Video Clip - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150

Window rattles in both front windows now - Video Clip

Old 04-24-2014, 06:24 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Window rattles in both front windows now - Video Clip

Hey all,

My '12 has developed a very annoying rattle in what seems to be the window area on both driver and passenger front doors. Pushing on the glass does not stop it. If it touch the glass lightly, I do not feel any vibrations that correspond to the rattle, either. If I roll the window down slightly, the rattle seems to stop, but it might just be because the window noise with the window rolled down a little drowns out the sound of the rattle. It seems to only occur at 40mph and above. Going over bumps doesn't cause any rattle. The rattle will start and be fairly constant for 5 or 10 minutes and then vanish for a while, then come right back. Seems to also depend on the wind, as the passenger side was rattling for awhile today, then I turned onto a new road in another direction and the passenger stopped rattling, but the driver side started. Video below.

Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

-->
Old 04-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Unofficial Glass Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Commander316

I doubt it's the window and most probably something in the door panel loose
Old 04-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #3
Fleet Technician

Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,529 Posts

Get some duct tape and start taping things on the body like the plastic panels under the wiper arms, side mirrors, etc. See if you can pinpoint it that way.

Had a similar issue years ago and it wound up being windshield trim vibrating at certain speeds on a Lincoln Towncar.

I know there is really no window trim on our trucks but do the above one at a time, you might be surprised what you find.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
Ford Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstl77 View Post
...My '12 has developed a very annoying rattle in what seems to be the window area on both driver and passenger front doors...
Hi nickstl77,

If the DIY approach doesn't work out, you can always get this in front of your dealership for diagnosis. Shoot me a PM after you get a diagnosis and I'll see what I can do to help; just be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership when you write.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote