Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit installed??

Old 08-08-2015, 01:25 AM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Who has Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit installed??

Anyone have a RC 2.5" level installed? Did anyone take before and after measurements? I installed mine Wednesday and took before measurements. Before measurements were 36 3/4" from concrete to bottom of fender well in the front and 39.5" in the rear. After measurements were between 38 1/2"-38 5/8" in the front and 40.5" in the rear measuring in the same location and the same way. Basically giving me 1 3/4"-1 7/8" of lift in the front. My problem is this. I based my entire build (tire size [especially width] and rear block height) on getting 2.5" of lift in the front from the advertised 2.5" Rough Country leveling kit. Wanting a slight amount of rake still I ordered a f150 lifts 2.5" rear block (at the cost of $180) along with fox rear shocks. With having a 2 3/8" factory rake, by adding the 2.5" leveling kit in the front and the 2.5" rear block that should have given me approximately 7/8" of rake. So after everything was installed I ended up with 1 7/8"-2" rake was not at all what I wanted. I called Rough Country to explain my dilemma and the guy on the other end tells me there no way possible I could have gotten less than 2.5" out of their kit and basically that if I would've bought their rear block in the first place I would have been happy and I wouldn't have this problem and he couldn't do anything for me other than sell me another block to stack under my factory block. So after all is said and done I'm suck with a set of $180 blocks I cant use, a 2.5" leveling kit that gave me less than 2" of lift and stance on my truck that I'm not extremely impressed with. Overall not real happy with the end result but I'll make some adjustments and get it the way I want it.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:27 AM

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Did you happen to measure the thickness of the lift kit plate? I have that kit and it definitely picked it up quite a bit. Just wondering if you got a mislabeled kit.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:10 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

If you're not getting at least 2.5", then I'd be tempted to try and return it. That or take it to a local off road shop and have them eyball it make sure everything is right. It sounds like they may have sold you the wrong parts. Wrong package, or something like that.

I've never liked Rough Country. Shouldn't be much to a spacer lift, but I also have a Jeep with thousands into suspension. At least in the Jeep world, RC is known for crappy road handling (hence the name Rough...). I won't touch their stuff. If you handed me RC parts for my Jeep or F150, they would go straight to Craigslist or I'd give them to someone else.
The following users liked this post:
FordTruckJoe (02-24-2016)
Old 08-08-2015, 11:29 AM
<b>F150 Forum</b>

Received 644 Likes on 465 Posts

If you want to talk on the phone on Monday...we can check all measurements and see if we can help you?

Alex
Old 08-08-2015, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by cltgt
Did you happen to measure the thickness of the lift kit plate? I have that kit and it definitely picked it up quite a bit. Just wondering if you got a mislabeled kit.
I did not. When I saw the size of the plate/spacer my first thought was how is this going to give me 2.5" of lift. I assumed it must change some the geometry some how to get the full 2.5".
Old 08-08-2015, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by suicideking
If you're not getting at least 2.5", then I'd be tempted to try and return it. That or take it to a local off road shop and have them eyball it make sure everything is right. It sounds like they may have sold you the wrong parts. Wrong package, or something like that.

I've never liked Rough Country. Shouldn't be much to a spacer lift, but I also have a Jeep with thousands into suspension. At least in the Jeep world, RC is known for crappy road handling (hence the name Rough...). I won't touch their stuff. If you handed me RC parts for my Jeep or F150, they would go straight to Craigslist or I'd give them to someone else.
This is my first experience with rough country products. I actually drove the truck for a day after the kit was installed before I put tires on and had no problem with ride or handling. My only problem is I'm 3/4" short on their advertised lift, which has in turn screwed up my whole build and set up.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by F150Lifts.com
If you want to talk on the phone on Monday...we can check all measurements and see if we can help you?

Alex
Alex, I appreciate your concern but I didn't have any problems with the f150lifts blocks. Not sure if you can help with the RC level situation? After reading all the reviews I'm tempted to buy a different leveling kit. I've read a lot of good things about the HBS kits. Really would like to do with a coil over setup but not sure if I want to drop that kind of money
Old 08-08-2015, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that really sucks. I have the RC 2.5"/1" level on my truck right now. If you received the correct part then the RC Customer Service guy is right as it is a 2.5" thick piece of milled aluminum. However, it sounds like you may have gotten a mislabeled/mispackaged part.

I've been happy enough with my level; that said, I'm about to be switching to a 4" BDS. Their no bs warranty is what has sold me there.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:07 PM

Received 108 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Randall1111
Alex, I appreciate your concern but I didn't have any problems with the f150lifts blocks. Not sure if you can help with the RC level situation? After reading all the reviews I'm tempted to buy a different leveling kit. I've read a lot of good things about the HBS kits. Really would like to do with a coil over setup but not sure if I want to drop that kind of money
I have the fox coil overs and it gave me the full 2 in of lift as advertised and the ride is a world of difference from the daystar spacer i had highly reccoment the foxes as i see you already got rears
Old 08-09-2015, 10:18 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Default Help was offered!

Originally Posted by Randall1111

Randall.... Help was offered by Alex, you should have called. I had a 2-1/2" rough Country Lift on one of my trucks, had no problems, but had to also order 1" block to stack on factory block, so truck did not sit high front, CA look. Also geometry changed in front and RC spacer may be shorter than 2-1/2", but with angle change you get 2-1/2" of lift. Again Alex offered their expertise to help a forum member.

This time I went with AutoSpring Level lift and used their 1-1/2" level kit to remove some of the front rake. and did not have to lift the rear, just because I raised the front. Another feature of the AS level kits is that they have a rear block that you do not have to stack, for those of you that need rear lift.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit installed??